Author Topic: Crazy rainfall totals on PWSWeather  (Read 2506 times)

Offline noctilucent

Crazy rainfall totals on PWSWeather
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:40:10 AM »
I feed both Weather Underground and PWSWeather from a Meteohub, and noticed that the PWSWeather accumulated rainfall totals have been completely crazy for the last few days at least, possibly longer.  For example here's the graphs from yesterday for Weather Underground showing a total of 33mm rainfall and PWSWeather showing just under 500mm rainfall in the same period.  Today is no less crazy, with the Daily Summary from PWSWeather showing 7.1mm but the graph showing 166mm.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
Re: Crazy rainfall totals on PWSWeather
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 10:07:42 AM »
If you file a support request at https://www.pwsweather.com/support they'll investigate and respond.
Joe Torsitano

Offline noctilucent

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 08:27:17 PM »
Sure, just wanted to make sure the problem wasn't something at my end first.  I'll file a support request in a minute.

Offline djkkm

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 11:18:22 PM »
I'll file a support request in a minute.

Guess I'll have to do the same. Just this week PWSWeather doubles, triples my daily rainfall total. Last 2 days showing my monthly.

Was your issue resolved?

Thanks
Devin
Ecowitt GW1000
+ WH31 + WH32 + WH40
+ WH51 + WH57 + WS68
PWSweather: KALMOBIL210
Wunderground: KALMOBIL210

Offline noctilucent

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 01:52:34 AM »
I'll file a support request in a minute.

Guess I'll have to do the same. Just this week PWSWeather doubles, triples my daily rainfall total. Last 2 days showing my monthly.

Was your issue resolved?

No, still waiting.  Apparently I had > 500mm of rain yesterday.

Offline zmarfak

• Contributor
    • Matar
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 02:16:59 AM »
FYI
I filled a support ticket at the end of april to indicate that when you go to the monthly overview in graphs of the weather station and you scroll to the bottom
the value of the pressure is not converted to mb but still in "in" but the unit says "mb".
When you use metric units , as I do.

Still not fixed  :-(

So I'm curious how quick they will fix the problem of the rainfall.
Patrick
Davis Vantage Pro2 with a Meteobridge NANO SD and WL (6.04) on a Intel NUC 
https://www.matar.be

Offline noctilucent

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 02:22:37 AM »
The weird thing is that the "Latest observations" total is accurate, it's the graphs that are way off.  Perhaps the Latest is direct from my feed (Davis via Meteohub) while the graphs are from their own stored data.

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 02:48:32 AM »
The weird thing is that the "Latest observations" total is accurate, it's the graphs that are way off.  Perhaps the Latest is direct from my feed (Davis via Meteohub) while the graphs are from their own stored data.

Since the launch of the new PWSweather.com there have been dozens of bug reports and feature requests.  Some are more complicated than others and will have to be included in more major updates.  They all have to be prioritized.  All requests are responded to.  And after the major investment Aeris made in PWSweather.com it is not their intention to leave bugs in it.  Some things will just take more work (and patience) than others.
Joe Torsitano

Offline noctilucent

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 02:54:23 AM »
Sure, it wasn't meant as a criticism, just trying to provide more data on what the issue is.