Author Topic: Location coordinates with AcuRite Atlas + Access  (Read 502 times)

Offline boink!

Location coordinates with AcuRite Atlas + Access
« on: August 09, 2019, 02:08:00 AM »
Hola All,
Some 2 years back I installed an AcuRite 5-in-1 station with SmartHub at our home in Hong Kong. I was quite happy with performance and let it do its thing. Work took me overseas, returning back briefly now and then. The station took a few hard beatings with typhoons and tropical storms hitting home over the past 2 years and then SmartHub was dropped like an old sock.

Now back in Hong Kong for good, and decided to give Acurite another chance. Purchased the new Atlas with Access / Lightning Sensor / Touchscreen Display.
Everything set up couples of days back, working well.

Something is nonetheless irritating me enormously...
Not hardware, but the way AcuRite restricts location ! I live in Hong Kong and AcuRite does not allow me to select my actual location. Why on earth is that?
Country options are only North America / Australia / the UK and such. On the display settings, it is more or less the same nonsense.
The best I have managed is US Pacific and Hong Kong time zone.

Of course myacurite.com does not allow me to enter my actual latitude / longitude coordinates and I end up smack in the middle of nowhere in the frigging Northern Territories, Oz. 
Utter silliness. AcuRite seems to have a very limited view of the world  :shock: ](*,)

Is there any way to bypass those default settings so that I can enter my coordinates and - for example - receive forecast relevant to where I live ?
On the bright side, I can update my wife daily, informing her whether kangaroos are having a good day, or not...

Cheers,
boink!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:27:35 AM by boink! »

anything