Author Topic: Texas Weather Instruments - Company Photos, After The Move From Dallas  (Read 789 times)

Offline Kev

I found these buried way back on the company's Facebook page, here is an inside view of what the new location looked like.  They moved in July of 2014. It wasn't a factory, just a big Morton building where they moved all the NOS surplus parts and offices to. Many boxes of components and parts can be seen.  You can see the "repair shop".  They were doing all the repairs at this little bench. Manufacturing clearly had ceased after they left Dallas.  All the filing cabinets can be seen, many of which I'm sure containing the schematics and technical documents.  A pile of console schematics are also visible on the small bureau with the WR-25.  Click on the photos to enlarge them.

If this should be moved, please feel free to.  Because it concerns station hardware I put it here.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 05:42:45 PM by Kev »
Heath ID-5001-C Advanced Weather Computer (1990)
Texas Weather Instruments WR-25 (1998)

Offline Kev

Re: Texas Weather Instruments - Company Photos, After The Move From Dallas
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 02:35:57 PM »
Confirmation that they are completely closed. Here's a Google street view from December, 2018.  Can be seen that the company is no longer there.  I just noticed, if you look closely, you can see the set of TWI sensors left behind still mounted on the weather vane.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 02:39:10 PM by Kev »
Heath ID-5001-C Advanced Weather Computer (1990)
Texas Weather Instruments WR-25 (1998)