Author Topic: Things I'd change in Myacurite  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Things I'd change in Myacurite
« on: December 16, 2016, 05:49:07 PM »
I like the dashboard, but there a  couple things I'd like to see changed.

1) Allow users to reorder the extra sensors.  Now they are alphabetic and I don't like playing that game
2) Show time of last update.
3) For the graphs, show negative temp values in red.  Right now it is all blue and you have to mouse-over to see the temp to determine if it is negative
4) Allow user variables in the Location Details box.  Like I'd drop Lat/long; it aint gonna change any time soon (users west of the San Andreas fault may want to keep that variable set.  :)  )

Anyone else?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Things I'd change in Myacurite
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 05:57:16 PM »
Just wondering, wouldn´t it maybe make more sense to have positive temperatures red and negative blue? It is usually used like this.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »
I like the dashboard, but there a  couple things I'd like to see changed.

1) Allow users to reorder the extra sensors.  Now they are alphabetic and I don't like playing that game
2) Show time of last update.
3) For the graphs, show negative temp values in red.  Right now it is all blue and you have to mouse-over to see the temp to determine if it is negative
4) Allow user variables in the Location Details box.  Like I'd drop Lat/long; it aint gonna change any time soon (users west of the San Andreas fault may want to keep that variable set.  :)  )

Anyone else?

You're posting in the wrong group.  It's unfortunate they decided to name it that way.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 06:23:35 PM »
OOPS!  You are right.  Mods, please move this thread!
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 06:24:09 PM »
Just wondering, wouldn´t it maybe make more sense to have positive temperatures red and negative blue? It is usually used like this.

Red is generally negative - at least on this side of the pond.  But I get your point - depends on the data I guess.  Regardless, the point stands:  need to differentiate + from -

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 06:43:02 PM »
I know exactly what you mean, in economics for example, you always want to avoid being in red numbers ;) With temperature however, it is usually the other way around because blue is associated with cold and red with warm

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 09:34:29 PM »
I know exactly what you mean, in economics for example, you always want to avoid being in red numbers ;) With temperature however, it is usually the other way around because blue is associated with cold and red with warm

Uhh... cool.  :)  We agree - some differentiation is needed.