Author Topic: WeatherFlash and HTML5 (or java, or....)  (Read 6658 times)

Offline dockline

WeatherFlash and HTML5 (or java, or....)
« on: December 12, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »
It may seem an odd question for a product that has the word "flash" in it - but I would be very interested in a version of WeatherFlash that doesn't use Flash.

My point isn't to bash Flash - or turn this post into a proc/con thing about Flash.   WeatherFlash works great on my site on PCs and Macs.  But it doesn't work on iPads or iPhones... or for that matter on most smart phones.   I may not like that Apple doesn't put Flash in the iPad - but they don't.   And they are selling lots of iPads.   

I'd like my weather content to look great in all devices.   A non Flash version of WeatherFlash is part of that.  It could be done using HTML5 code.... or even likely implemented with java.   

Any interest / chance that the WeatherFlash developers will provide this?

Thank you.

Offline dockline

Re: WeatherFlash and HTML5 (or java, or....)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 04:01:42 PM »
Bumping up this topic....

Adobe announced no further support for Mobile Flash today.   That means no future for Flash on smartphones or Tablets.   A version of WeatherFlash that uses html5 (or whatever) to reach the mobile audience makes sense now more than ever.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »
there are applicatons/formated for the device web pages out there for Iphones or similar that provide real time weather data...updating from a raw file...
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline dockline

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:45:11 AM »
Glad to learn this.   Can you name an application that could be used as a substitute for WeatherFlash's wing gauge dials, that would work on a web page designed for mobile.

anything