Author Topic: More TWC Ratings Boosters  (Read 2876 times)

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
More TWC Ratings Boosters
« on: December 14, 2012, 12:21:57 PM »
1st there was TOR-CON.

Now there's STORM-CON

Whatever   :roll:

http://www.weather.com/news/stormcon-winter-impact-index-20121212
Tony

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
Re: More TWC Ratings Boosters
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »
I haven't watched TWC in about 15 years, but after reading that article, it looks like they need to increase ratings at any 'cost'...maybe because NBC owns them. I'm glad I don't pay attention to their BS
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:00:09 PM »
I gaze at it once in a while, mostly when female meteorologists are on.   :-P
Tony

Offline Chris_K

• Contributor
    • Bucks County Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »
They have a transplant from here in Philly,....Maria LaRosa......

Philly News station has 2 Accuweather female drop outs...Katie Fehlinger and Kate Bilo...

Accuweather has ex TWC Marc Mancuso...........I guess they flip flop around quite a bit.
Thanks,

Chris

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 04:03:44 PM »
So, like, what difference does this make to the rest of the Country, when as they state clearly that these ratings are for "Major Cities" only? Screw 'em! They stunk 5 years ago, the freakin reek with stink now!!!

Offline HailHunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 02:04:48 AM »
This isn't as bad as Stephanie Abrams going on and on about some "new" technology they had where the forecast for certain cities were animated with the current weather conditions in their area. I found this strange that she would call this new technology when that was essentially what the local forecast had been for the better part of 20 years, but hey whatever gets the ratings up.

Speaking of which, it's no coincidence that after years of Kim Cunningham being the only woman on the network wanting to show off her legs that suddenly NBC buys them out and you seemingly can't keep the women supplied with enough mini-skirts to fill a Macy's store.

I'm not complaining, but it does seem obvious that the Weather Channel only cares about ratings. Which is silly because everybody uses the Weather Channel. When I lived in my apartment just a few years ago, there was a golf course right next door. You would go into the club house and the first thing you would see: a big screen TV with the Weather Channel turned on.

If you want to make money from people watching it, then simply do what you used to do and plaster billboards on top of the maps such as "And now here is your travel forecast brought to you by Michelin." I saw nothing wrong with that.

Think outside of the box. Next year during Thanksgiving week, have all forecasts sponsored by Macy's since it would tie into the parade. During Super Bowl week have football forecasts every morning and let the NFL sponsor them by way of NBC. There are ways to continue making money without resorting to this nonsense or making the women wear less and less clothing.

anything