Author Topic: "No weather network traffic" since installing Meteobridge 4.3 build 13509  (Read 624 times)

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
Help!

I rebooted my Meteobridge today (29th May) to Meteobridge 4.3 (May 29 2020, build 13509), FW 1.4, and now no data is being transferred to Meteotemplate or any of my cloud services.

I have tried rebooting the device several times, as well as my router, and am at a loss what do do next.

Can anyone help?
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
this appears to be a major wide bug in 4.3 build 13509. many have reported it.  I also emailed Boris hoping he would pull the update but no reply as yet.  it is best to alway wait a few days before rebooting as this can introduce bugs.

the only thing at present is either site tight and wait for a fix or revert back, though only selection on my NANO is go back to 4.2 and not go back to "previous" version, which I have asked Boris to implement a feature to roll back to a previous version, if a user runs into a problem.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:16:13 AM by ConligWX »
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
Thanks Simon,

You’re a lifesaver! I didn’t realise you could roll back like that in the settings.

My latest cached build was 4.2 build 13350 from 28th January which seems to be working fine.

I’ve been using MB for over 4 years now and have never had a problem with a build like this. I’m surprised Boris released this but fortunately he’s usually very quick to respond and resolve problems.

Thanks again.
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Boris has updated the firmware with a fix apparently.

I used to update straight away but most fixes are not that important for me so I stay 1 or 2 versions behind. Then update after a few days after new firmware has been released, and no sign of issues on the mb forums.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Once you have updated and checked it's all working set the version to not update at reboot. That will save you grief later.

I have asked if there is a way of implementing a previous version rollback which I guess could be done some way to help these situations

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Regards Simon

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
OK I’ve updated to the latest 4.3 build which seems to be working properly now. How do I prevent updates on reboot? My only reboot option is to stick to version 4.2, which is quite old now.
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
There should be a drop-down that lets you says "use installed version".

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:08:41 PM by ConligWX »
Regards Simon

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
There should be a drop-down that lets you says "use installed version".

Well lucky you then with that option. We don't get that option with the Standard Meteobridge.  :sad:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole