Author Topic: Problem downloadinf from Vantage Vue to WeatherLink  (Read 668 times)

Offline durotriges

Problem downloadinf from Vantage Vue to WeatherLink
« on: May 28, 2020, 10:57:14 AM »
First problem downloading since installation 8 yrs ago.  It "transfers 513 pages" then nothing appears except "could not get record 34466". The number of pages has not changed even though a number of days have passed since last download attempted. I normally do not leave it so long for downloading. Last proper download was 6 may 10.00 when a number of 2 hour slots have no entries. Software is WeatherLink 5.9.3
Log shows "Get Acknowledge response 0x0a should be 0x06<ACK>"  Apparently this also happened in 2018. Would be happy to lose data between 6/5/20 & now if there is a simple fix. It is all gibberish to me. Any ideas?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline durotriges

Re: Problem downloadinf from Vantage Vue to WeatherLink
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 12:08:29 PM »
Thanks John, spent most of the day trying to follow the manual. Eventually found a date in browser in the wrong order. Deleted it & a couple of subsequent ones. Downloaded again [only 69 there rather than 513] & things appear back to normal .

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 12:49:34 PM »
Thanks John, spent most of the day trying to follow the manual.

Oh dear, that makes it sound like you had trouble following the notes - if you have any suggestions for improvements then feel free to comment please.

But unfortunately issues with archive downloads are one of the more complicated Weatherlink topics that can crop up and can have several causes, ranging from pretty simple (eg reboot the console) to very obscure. And the background of users accessing the notes is very variable too - some are experienced computer/WL users and some are absolutely not; some want the briefest possible explanation of a fix and others want to understand the problem; and so on. It's trying to write some text and instructions to cover all of these bases simultaneously that's the real problem.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline durotriges

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 09:54:46 AM »
Not complaining, without your reply & this forum I would have stopped cpollecting data. I use the data to consolidate a monthly data base which goes back to 2006. Thanks once again.

anything