Author Topic: RED 8.2 to 9.1 upgrade help  (Read 2045 times)

Offline va3mw

RED 8.2 to 9.1 upgrade help
« on: October 05, 2018, 10:00:33 PM »
All

It has been a long time since I have done a firmware upgrade.

I thought that since v4, you could do a firmware upgrade via the web, but after about 30 minutes of looking and reading the controller manual, I can't figure out how to do a firmware upgrade to 9.1.

Is the only way with the STM32F4 utility?  Am I missing something obvious?

There is no 'tools' tab or 'setup' tab that I can find. 

Guidance would be appreciated.

thanks Mike

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Re: RED 8.2 to 9.1 upgrade help
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 10:10:25 PM »
Mike, you login to Blitzortung Org, not the forum, to the operator's page.  Under project info tab, select "compendium"... you'll see a list or info... see 'firmware', and make sure you select the correct firmware for your system... don't install a 'Blue' Update, on a Red system, and vice versa....

Download the correct firmware version to your computer.
In your System GUI go to 'tools' and follow the instructions for "System"  "firmware"

It's possible on a 'major' firmware 'jump', from a very old version, that you'll have to do a cold system restrt... remove power, etc...
but also give the system time to reset itself.

Again the firmware is NOT public.

Mike

Offline va3mw

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 10:28:46 PM »
Mike

I don't think I made it clear that I had issues logging into the actual controller.

I figured it out and I am now upgraded. 

The Login page to the actual controller does not tell you of a failed login.  It just carries on like a valid login, so, of course, you can't find the tools and settings pages.  Had the controller actually issued a message like "failed login" I would have had it figured out pretty quickly.  Why would it not show a failed login???

Once I logged in with the correct credentials on my local LAN, then I was able to upgrade the firmware via the GUI.

thanks

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 11:22:30 PM »
Heh....'
 There IS a way to complete reset the RED and BLUE controllers to 'factory' default, no password, etc...
I won't post it here... but since you can now access the controller, go to "about"  "controller guide"...
and look under 'Buttons"....
I'd copy those instructions and save them in a 'safe' place..., just as 'insurance...'

some help of this type we won't post publicy... often the best way to get such info is
to login to the BT forum, and go to the internal boards...

Cheers1
Mike

Offline va3mw

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 06:25:44 AM »
Why all the secrecy?

I have never understood why this group has always been like this? 

anything