Author Topic: POST your currently updating webcam image here!  (Read 96719 times)

Offline meteo-saint-brevin

• Senior Contributor
    • Météo Saint-Brevin
Re: POST your currently updating webcam image here!
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 09:14:13 AM »
I'm using a wifi D-Link DCS-2130 facing NW. Resolution 640x480. Software is iSpy and image is updated every minute.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:53:25 AM by meteo-saint-brevin »
Marcel Le Jeune F6DOW - Saint-Brevin-les-Pins - Pays de la Loire - France
www.meteo-saint-brevin.fr
Vantage Pro2 6163EU - VirtualVP, Cumulus, WeatherLink
Wifi cam Reolink RLC-410W - Blue Iris - Blue Iris tools

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
I have 2 webcams the first one is "Backyard Cam" Panasonic WV-SW175 http://webpages.charter.net/aggets/webcamxp/cam_1.jpg?1391609567186

and "Feeder Cam" which is a BL_C140A http://webpages.charter.net/aggets/webcamxp/cam_2.jpg?1391609775545

I use Webcam XP to control and ftp both cameras. Both are located outside with the Feeder Cam being in a weatherproof enclosure.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:20:13 AM by Andy G »
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »
Here are my camera images. Both cameras are about 25 Ft AGL. I'd like to get higher but they're good enough. The north camera is the Logitech C920 which is installed on the apex of the lower roof above the garage connected to the computer through a 15' USB extension. The south camera is the Swann ADW-200. This camera is installed on the WX pole near the top.

I use Weather Display's included web cam program to handle both cameras. Have the images updating and sending every 5 minutes.

Swann ADW-200 looking south.
  Logitech C920 looking north.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:51:02 PM by Skywatch »
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline Skywatch

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 10:44:07 PM »
I have 2 cams that run 24/7.  Currently they are aligned to form a "panorama".  I am using Sebectec software and the Olympus SP500 cams.  My enclosure is home made with cedar siding to match the house.  The view is looking up Admiralty Inlet and Whidbey Island.  For perspective, here is what the cams are looking at:

Here is Cam 1.  The flagpole is the mast off the first boat my Dad built in the 30's.

Cam 2 looks at Whidbey Island:

I have a page that shows the cams aligned in panorama.... at least for now....

http://www.skunkbayweather.com/View.html
I envy you having that coastal location. What I wouldn't give to have that. I miss that area.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2014, 12:33:38 AM »
Thank you for your kind words Skywatch.  Basically just dumb luck that I ended up with this place.  I was a salmon fishing addict when I bought the place back in 1976 when I was 24.  By 1980 I would not have been able to afford it.  There has not been a single day that I have not been thankful, when I look at this view, for that impulsive decision 37 years ago....  Plus.... Salmon fishing is still pretty good.... =D>

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Skywatch

• Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2014, 12:59:56 AM »
I love it here in TX but I always tell my folks I hope to someday return to Washington. You simply can't beat the Pacific NW. Especially on the water. Some day I'll go back home.

About 16 years ago I was right across the sound from you in Everett. Mukilteo used to be a popular destination for my family and I and we used to take the ferry out from Mukilteo across the Puget Sound and I remember I always used to watch the water looking to see if the fish would surface. Now just memories. Salmon fishing is something I wish I could experience.

Maybe dumb luck will find me someday.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2014, 01:55:39 AM »
Skywatch,
A lot has changed over the years.  I don't know when you were here, but in my time ... a LOT has changed.  When I moved here in 1977, there were 3 functioning boathouses with long lines of customers (salmon fisherman) on the weekends.  Last week Point No Point resort was bulldozed to the ground.  It was the last functioning resort in the area.  It closed around 2000.  My cousin owned and operated that resort from 1977 until it closed.  The main dwelling was build in the 20's.  I spent a LOT of time there.  Beautiful old growth fir throughout the place.  It breaks my heart that it was not preserved as a historic landmark. 

So.... Enough of the sad news.... Because of my great teachers of "old school" techniques of salmon fishing (Shorty, Vic, Pete, Bill, John... ) I am still catching salmon when others aren't.  Last summer I had a short season because of a kitchen remodel I am doing.  I fished for 10 days and got 10 kings.  Biggest was 23lbs.  I had 3 over 20 and most were in the upper teens.  At the risk of sounding arrogant (and I probably am).... Fishing was very slow.  During those 10 days, I saw about 5 fish caught per day and an average of 50 boats fishing per day.  I am very blessed to have had great teachers over the years.

I am a bit nostalgic when it comes to fishing and boats.  A few years back I rebuilt one of the Point No Point rental boats with my son.  It was the best father/son projects we ever did.  I took a few pics and put up a site for it.  http://www.skunkbayweather.com/PtNoPtBoat/

Thought I'd share,
Greg

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:58:45 AM by GregJ »
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline FreeMan

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2014, 03:25:17 AM »
My webcam: http://mellos.no/index.php?lang=en
Webcam archive: http://mellos.no/cam1.php?lang=en
Time-lape: http://mellos.no/timelapse.php?lang=en
Time-lapse archive: http://mellos.no/timelapse-arkiv.php?lang=en

Gonna try to explain how it works here. Might be a little different. I don't use a dedicaded webcam software.
Webcam is a Hikvision DS-2CD2032 4mm. With this camera you can change the camera settings with Perl script.

Sunset: A perl script set the shutter to 1/3 (image is very dark with 1/25 at night), increase noise reduction and set WDR to 0.
Sunrise: Shutter to 1/25, decrease noise reduction and set WDR to 21.

WEBCAM
Camera is sending images to a local ftp server every 10 second. This is for my time-lapse script.
Every 5 minutes another script is copy the newset image for upload. This script resizes the image, add logo and upload to my website and Weather Underground.

TIME-LAPSE
This is created and uploaded automaticly to my website and youtube every day. The music fades out based on length of the time-lapse.

This was the short version :) It's all done with windows batch on windows 7. ActivePerl for perl on windows.

The perl script for Hikvision is available here: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37200&p=229147#p229147

Offline ukwoody

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »
Puts mine to shame a little  :oops:   I've just got a Wansview NCM621W (H.264 Mega Pixel 720P) external cam mounted under the eaves of the house facing South.   Currently updating a JPG image every 1 minute using Blue Iris software.  Have only just got this and the site up and running so still some tweaking to do yet.

Main site  www.woodyspembs.org.uk

Woody

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 01:07:12 PM »
This is where my cam will be going. But for right it's just a pic. Thought you guys might want to see what the color green looks like since a lot of you are buried in snow.
Edit.
Man I hate this new forum. Can't get any pics to upload.
Oh well.
There, got it to work. Woohoo!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:00:29 PM by ocala »
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 01:36:14 PM »
This is where my cam will be going. But for right it's just a pic. Thought you guys might want to see what the color green looks like since a lot of you are buried in snow.

Where's the pic?
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2014, 02:02:23 PM »
Edit.
Man I hate this new forum. Can't get any pics to upload.
Oh well.
There, got it to work. Woohoo!

That's a nice view. And yes I like the green!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:07:27 PM by hayskswx »

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2014, 03:43:51 PM »
Skywatch,
A lot has changed over the years.  I don't know when you were here, but in my time ... a LOT has changed.  When I moved here in 1977, there were 3 functioning boathouses with long lines of customers (salmon fisherman) on the weekends.  Last week Point No Point resort was bulldozed to the ground.  It was the last functioning resort in the area.  It closed around 2000.  My cousin owned and operated that resort from 1977 until it closed.  The main dwelling was build in the 20's.  I spent a LOT of time there.  Beautiful old growth fir throughout the place.  It breaks my heart that it was not preserved as a historic landmark. 

So.... Enough of the sad news.... Because of my great teachers of "old school" techniques of salmon fishing (Shorty, Vic, Pete, Bill, John... ) I am still catching salmon when others aren't.  Last summer I had a short season because of a kitchen remodel I am doing.  I fished for 10 days and got 10 kings.  Biggest was 23lbs.  I had 3 over 20 and most were in the upper teens.  At the risk of sounding arrogant (and I probably am).... Fishing was very slow.  During those 10 days, I saw about 5 fish caught per day and an average of 50 boats fishing per day.  I am very blessed to have had great teachers over the years.

I am a bit nostalgic when it comes to fishing and boats.  A few years back I rebuilt one of the Point No Point rental boats with my son.  It was the best father/son projects we ever did.  I took a few pics and put up a site for it.  http://www.skunkbayweather.com/PtNoPtBoat/

Thought I'd share,
Greg

The boat turned out really nice. What a difference from what you started out with. Looks like new. =D>

Greg

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 03:47:10 PM »
Here is my webcam. The overlay is generated via Meteoplug/Meteobridge.

Camera is facing SSW.

Greg

I changed this cam to upload directly to my own FTP server, then upload to my website. I call it my "Snow Cam", but it is just pointing out the window of my basement. It is an old Trendnet TP-IP410 with a semi-dead PTZ motor(s). Thus, it was relegated to this task.

Something more interesting is the Rogers City Marina web cam. Unfortunately, it won't work in an iframe (since the City replaced the cam with a newer unit)

http://24.180.232.6:8000/#view

Attached is a screen grab. (once it was opened and viewable)

Greg H.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 01:31:58 PM by miraculon »

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 01:03:45 AM »
Beautiful job on that boat, Greg! I noticed on its first taste of water that your dog was no longer laughing.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Greg_M

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 12:11:17 PM »
A picture from the other day.
Hood Canal Webcam, Squamish Harbor across the water.
Western WA out of Port Gamble

Offline Skywatch

• Forecaster
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2014, 05:21:15 PM »
Here are my camera images. Both cameras are about 25 Ft AGL. I'd like to get higher but they're good enough. The north camera is the Logitech C920 which is installed on the apex of the lower roof above the garage connected to the computer through a 15' USB extension. The south camera is the Swann ADW-200. This camera is installed on the WX pole near the top.

I use Weather Display's included web cam program to handle both cameras. Have the images updating and sending every 5 minutes.

Swann ADW-200 looking south.
  Logitech C920 looking north.
Not sure if anyone noticed a difference; but a little bit earlier I re-installed the north facing camera to the eve of the roof using 2" steel clamps and a 2' extension. This added 5' to the camera's height AGL. I have a little bit of the horizon in the image. Better at seeing approaching storms!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:25:03 PM by Skywatch »

I am a storm chaser.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2014, 05:29:13 PM »
Three cameras, at night  the reflections from inside the house are a pain in the tush, so if you see them, try back later. all cameras are PTZ  and Foscam FI8910W.  Cameras update every 15 seconds.

Sky Cam 1 - facing south

Weather 2 Facing weather station and all that stuff:

North Camera

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2014, 01:15:42 PM »
I have 2 cams that run 24/7.  I upload a thumbnail and new image once a minute per cam.  Every hour I upload a time lapse video of the previous 3 hours from each cam as well.  I capture 3 images per minute, so the time lapse run time is 18 seconds.  Currently they are aligned to form a "panorama".  I am using Sebectec software and the Olympus SP500 cams.  My enclosure is home made with cedar siding to match the house.  The view is looking up Admiralty Inlet and Whidbey Island. 
So, can you go into a bit more detail on how you merge the two cameras?
Does the Sebectec software merge them into one picture?
If not, how is the time lapse synchronized?
The panorama alignment is physically adjusting the cameras?

EDIT: Changed to a new camera setup.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:34:05 AM by Dr Obbins »

Offline Weather Spares

• Forecaster
    • Weather Spares
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2014, 09:23:02 AM »
DLink DCS-2230 Wireless IP Cam, Facing West in Suffolk, UK (as that's the prevailing weather direction).

The power company should be putting the cables underground over the next few weeks, so the view will tidy up a bit.
Weather Spares - your one stop shop for complete stations, accessories and spare parts for Davis Instruments, Ecowitt, Oregon Scientific, TFA, Ventus, GARNI and many more - https://www.weatherspares.co.uk/ offering global shipping of products.

Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus 24 hour FARS, Meteobridge NANO SD data logger, Davis AirLink, remote Davis anemometer rooftop mounted.
Location 95m altitude, West of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK.

Offline ws vreewijk

• Netherlands
webcam
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
Ok my cam logitech pro9000 usb facing north/north/west.
Webam live stream true wc7,and still uploaded  every 5 minits.
This cam has equipt with a diopter -2 so it is hubble fixed.
Webcam mounted inside a plastic foodbox,with glass window in front but with holes at the edges to avoid heat in summer , and condensation.
Image set at 970x720

Can someone  give a hint how to add my cam directly on here ?

EDIT: Thanks Mike

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:35:05 PM by ws vreewijk »
Davis vantage pro2  running on VWS 
1-wire lightning detector and temp sensors powered byWD .....webcam pro 9000 running on webcamxp
http://wsvreewijk.ucoz.com/

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2014, 03:07:10 PM »
Can someone  give a hint how to add my cam directly on here ?
 http://wsvreewijk.ucoz.com/cam_1.jpg
Here you go, Chris:

The "?" at the end of the code should tell the browser to reload the image
when this forum page is opened...
Code: [Select]
[img]http://wsvreewijk.ucoz.com/cam_1.jpg?[/img]Mike

Offline Feelgood Ranch

• Feelgood Ranch Weather

Ken Keyes
RainWise MkIII-LR, WeatherView 32 v8, StarDotXL 3mp cam, Boltek PCI lightning detector/L2K, CWOP/CW4669, Weather For You
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMTBOZEM2&wuSelect=PWS
http://www.anythingweather.com/current.aspx?id=22721

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!