Author Topic: Help Me Please  (Read 1242 times)

Offline WCVMS

Help Me Please
« on: October 25, 2018, 04:34:45 PM »
I have a Davis Pro2 at my school and I had it hooked to wunderground.com My computer got switched out and I don't have directions to get it hooked back up to the Weather Underground. Does anyone know where I can find the directions to get it hooked back online? My tech lady is here and we can't figure it out. Thanks everyone!

Todd Boender
West Central Valley Middle School
Redfield, IA

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: Help Me Please
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »
Well, you are going to need 2 things.

1) Something to send the data to WU.
2) Your WU login.

The WU login should be recoverable, if you know the email address you used to register.  If you don't know any of that, you may need to start a new page and login.

The first item of the "what to send" with can vary.  You may have been using Weatherlink on your old computer.  That is the software Davis includes for free.

But there are a couple of other options you may want to look at instead.  They don't require a PC.  Davis sells an IP logger.  A logger is a module that plugs into the back of the weather console.  That logger can upload data to WU and Davis's on site.  There is also a forum member that sells a logger  that uses WIFI.  His can also upload to WU and other sites.  The only thing I would recommend is that the console use the power adapter.  Batteries won't be enough power to last long with either logger.  But that will be less power than running a PC 24/7 to upload the data.

If your old PC is still working, you may want to see if there is any software named Weatherlink from Davis, or maybe Virtual Weather Station.  If you can find that out, we can probably step you through figuring out your WU login.  If the PC is dead, that'll mean you'll likely need to create a new WU login and page.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline WCVMS

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 04:57:49 PM »
I have Weatherlink loaded onto the new computer. I have a data logger and I know wunderground.com ID and password. I just don't know how to configure Weatherlink to send data.

TB

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 05:06:17 PM »
If you had a weatherlink.com account you can do it from there also.
Here is some more information for connecting directly or through weatherlink.com

https://www.davisinstruments.com/resource/send-weather-data-weather-underground-weatherlink-software/

Randy

Offline WCVMS

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »
Our computers are set so we can't download anything, so I will need to get the tech people to come download it for me. Thanks for all the info.

TB
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:09:58 PM by WCVMS »

Offline WCVMS

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 04:22:18 PM »
I have downloaded the Weather Underground module. I have setup the module, but still getting my weather station to show up on the wunderground.com website. Any ideas on what to do? Is my password the same as my station key or is it something else? Been so long since I first set this up, I have forgot my password. Thanks! I really appreciate everyone's help.

TB

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »
My password is same as WU account. Station ID is what was assigned on original signup.
Randy

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 06:12:12 PM »
Is my password the same as my station key or is it something else? Been so long since I first set this up, I have forgot my password.

Either the station key or your wunderground account password should work.

Your station ID needs to be in all caps.  Your station key/password is likely a mix of caps and lower case.

You might want to avoid cutting and pasting of the info.  Sometimes that inserts an invisible character (e.g. a trailing space) which messes things up.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 07:40:04 PM »

You might want to avoid cutting and pasting of the info.  Sometimes that inserts an invisible character (e.g. a trailing space) which messes things up.

Good point I figured that out the hard way.
Randy

Offline WCVMS

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 10:23:11 AM »
Not sure what the problem was but I deleted my old station and registered a new one. It works now. Thanks everyone!!!

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KIAREDFI4

TB