Author Topic: Temperature bubbles appear without bubble and background in PWS dashboard only  (Read 760 times)

Offline Tempest

Hi,

I am trying to resolve an issue that began a few months ago in both Edge and Chrome.  Please see the attached images which clearly illustrate the problem.  The missing temp bubble and bubble background colours affect the map shown under the PWS view only, both for my own and any other PWS.  The curious thing is the main WunderMap map (see attached) works perfectly as far a this feature is concerned.  Clearing the browsing history cache in both browsers failed to resolve the problem.  I installed Firefox on this laptop and the PWS map displays as normal, so it's just Edge and Chrome that have something preventing the temp bubbles displaying properly.  I have another laptop on which I have tried Edge and Chrome while logged in to Wunderground and the PWS works fine on both.  So, again, clearly I have something preventing the temp bubbles appearing on Edge and Chrome on this laptop only.  When I cleared the browser cache I ticked every tick box except the passwords one to avoid losing all my saved passwords.  I could back up my browser passwords and completely uninstall both browsers but I would only do this as a last resort if necessary.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem and whether or not it can be resolved without reinstalling the browsers?

Thanks

T

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
Firefox does it too, and it started several weeks ago.  I've pretty much given up expecting WU do anything right and just moved on.

Offline Tempest

I uninstalled Chrome completely (including all folder/file remnants) and reinstalled it, but it did not resolve the problem.  I presume, based on the symptoms and conditions found so far, that web browsers have some sort of dependency on something external to them that allows the bubbles to display.  Finding this is the next step, unless someone out there already knows what it is.

WU have not replied to any of my requests for support either.  Pretty useless support email address.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
It's not you...it's WU.

Offline Tempest

Further to my last message, I have done a little more digging and there is a suggestion that the issue may be resolved in the next version of Edge, i.e. version 89 - this is due for release 26th January.  Apparently the issue is WebGL related but it is certainly not affecting every Edge or Chrome version 87 user or indeed you with, I presume, the current version of Firefox.  It seems a very peculiar issue.  People can try the Edge development version of 89 ahead of its official release if they are affected by this issue to see if it resolves it.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
I'm on Firefox 84.0.1 (64-bit) and it is still doing this.

Edge Version 87.0.664.66 (Official build) (64-bit) is not...the bubbles are displaying.  I suspect it is something on the WU backend and not the browser doing it.

anything