Author Topic: How to use a USA-frequency Davis station with a WLL in Europe?  (Read 717 times)

Offline vortilon

I have a short question regarding the repair of Davis equipment purchased from Scaled Instruments. Has anyone sent any defective devices or Davis weather station for warranty repair to Scaled Instruments or has any other experience with this company? My problem is that I bought a faulty 6100 WeatherLink Live module from them (doesn't communicate with Davis ISS module) and I do not know if this module needs to be replaced or repaired but it looks like unrepairable. It can't even be taken apart as I can see?

Regards,
Martin
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 06:18:42 AM by vortilon »

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Re: Faulty weatherLink live from Scaled Instruments
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 05:06:25 PM »
Davis has been good for me honoring their warranty. I'd call them first. I don't know about Scaled Instruments.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 05:38:33 PM »
I have a short question regarding the repair of Davis equipment purchased from Scaled Instruments.
The first thing I'd do is call Ryan and see what he says.

352-262-6119

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 06:42:23 PM »
I have a short question regarding the repair of Davis equipment purchased from Scaled Instruments. Has anyone sent any defective devices or Davis weather station for warranty repair to Scaled Instruments or has any other experience with this company? My problem is that I bought a faulty 6100 WeatherLink Live module from them (doesn't communicate with Davis ISS module) and I do not know if this module needs to be replaced or repaired but it looks like unrepairable. It can't even be taken apart as I can see?

Some questions?

1. How do you know it's faulty?
2. Why does it look unrepairable?
3. Is the ISS you are using an EU version or did to also buy this from the USA?

Offline vortilon

How to use a USA-frequency Davis station with a WLL in Europe?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 04:10:02 AM »
It is just my case and the reason my 6100 WeatherLink doesn't connect and work:  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

My Davis station is US model and I live in Poland. So that, what should I do and what to delete and from where?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 06:20:06 AM by vortilon »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 05:54:22 AM »
It is just my case and the reason my 6100 WeatherLink doesn't connect and work:

My Davis station is US model and I live in Poland. So that, what should I do and what to delete and from where?
No way a US station can communicate at a "European or Asian" location with any WLL.
The WLL will use the frequency for the location it is set to be. If you set it "somewhere in Europe" it will listen at  the official European frequency.

If you want to use your station + your WLL:
You have to setup the WLL to be in the US, you can set your WLL account to a US latitude/longitude

Better change your topic header, it is not a "Faulty" WLL. 
Change it to "How to use a USA-frequency  Davis station with a WLL in Europe"
Wim
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 05:56:52 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline vortilon

How to use a USA-frequency Davis station with a WLL in Europe?
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 06:19:25 AM »
Davis has been good for me honoring their warranty. I'd call them first. I don't know about Scaled Instruments.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: How to use a USA-frequency Davis station with a WLL in Europe?
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 07:00:14 AM »
So why is this a warranty issue?

What is claimed to be wrong with WLL that requires action regard warranty? Have not seen anything as yet that has confirmed there is a warranty issue?

What I do see is a US model VP2 bought in the USA and being used in Poland. There is no way a WLL (being in Poland) is going to connect to that USA model VP2 in Poland.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 07:08:35 AM »
There is no way a WLL (being in Poland) is going to connect to that USA model VP2 in Poland.

Unless you assign its location on weatherlink.com to a US address, as everyone keeps saying.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline vortilon

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 08:05:46 AM »
Ok, I will be trying on with US address and report later. Thank you.

Offline vortilon

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 08:17:31 AM »
Should I also change my current WeatherLink account information address to a different one in the USA or should I just uninstall the WeatherLink applications on my smartphone and in computer and restart them by entering the default US address?