Author Topic: WU-History  (Read 1683 times)

Offline zeppline

• Las Vegas Weather Guy
WU-History
« on: March 27, 2021, 06:36:30 PM »
I am trying to get Saratoga template to work I don't know if there is file WU-history I over wrote that page my mistake. I don't know what is the calling page  it was working a long time a go. I was updating the pages but i still have a problem  Thanks Joe

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: WU-History
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 09:41:51 PM »
You can download from https://github.com/ktrue/WU-History any of the missing parts or the whole shebang.

For the template, wxwuhistory.php is the page which load WU-History-inc.php for presentation.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline zeppline

• Las Vegas Weather Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 12:18:15 PM »
I have down loaded the script and update the scripts, Do I delete 'WU-History.php' is it not used? I still have to find the data. Thanks Joe

I look at the cache on the server some are wuxxxxjson and other are marked wudayxxxjson if they are in the cache on the server do I have to load them or where do I load them. Thanks Joe
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 01:38:03 PM by zeppline »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 05:00:51 PM »
The WU-History.php page is for 'standalone' display.. use wxwuhistory.php for display in the Saratoga template.

You use WXDailyHistory.php in your browser to 'preload' the monthly cache files. The README.md file at https://github.com/ktrue/WU-History has the details.

Basically you run
Code: [Select]
view-source:https://your.website.com/WXDailyHistory.php?year={year}&graphspan=year&debug=y in your browser after you've setup WXDailyHistory.php with your WU ID and API Key for each {year} YYYY your station was in operation with WU.  You can go back to 2008, but no earlier.. they don't have data earlier than that.   The cache files will be stored in your ./cache/ directory with names like wuYYYYMM-{WUID}-{e|m}.json.  If all the data for a particular year doesn't come back, just reload the page until it says all the files are in the cache, then switch to another year.  Repeat until you've got all the data for your station.
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline zeppline

• Las Vegas Weather Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 02:27:31 PM »
I found my station was off line because I had API in WD and had to change to the station ID. I am back on line with WU but all the data on the server is blank. I have no data for the WU page. I have the page working now I just need the data. I deleted all the wu data on the server which only had {"observations":[]} I don't know how long it take to update. Thanks Joe

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 11:48:46 AM »
When you see data on the wunderground page for your station, then the API will be able to return that data via the script.

Offline zeppline

• Las Vegas Weather Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 01:52:34 PM »
Thanks ken It is adding data but it is old blank data I will have to wait until it gets to this year.

Offline zeppline

• Las Vegas Weather Guy
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 02:08:48 PM »
Solved I miss spelled my station name.  Joe
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 08:54:39 PM by zeppline »

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 10:38:13 PM »
Just wondering, how does this script updates the cached data? Does it happen when the wxwuhistory.php is run or do we need to have to set something else?

www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 10:04:27 AM »
The WXDailyHistory.php will try to get a complete 'yesterday' daily file (when run on a specific day), and a complete prior-month file when run on a 'month' display.  Generally, random traffic to the page will keep the day and month files up-to-date.  The 'week' file is ever-changing, so updates when requested by the WU-History page.  The 'year' requests are just an accumulation of up-to 12 month files, so may only result in fetching the current month (for current year) requests.  Prior year requests are generally from the cache, and only refreshed if you delete a cache file.

So, no, I don't have a cron running to keep the cache refreshed - just organic traffic to the site (including web crawlers) is generally enough.

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 11:55:19 AM »
Is anyone else having issues with this script the past day or so? For some reason, there is no data for my site showing up. Is this a WU ssue? I know the data is being uploaded to them.

www.nhweatherdata.com/wxwuhistory.php

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 12:22:20 PM »
It's a WU issue.  I see Apr 29 and Apr 30 data is incomplete on my station and several others I've checked on.  The 29th and 30th have only partial data (even on the WU site).

Offline zeppline

• Las Vegas Weather Guy
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 01:20:55 PM »
Same here half day 29th and half 30th.

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 01:43:47 PM »
Would the missing data for the 29th & 30th keep data from the past from showing up? For some reason, since yesterday, can't get anything at all, even though it is cached.

This php site is all new, so just trying to get used to it and all figured out. Yeah, yeah, I'm way behind the times.  #-o

On edit: It appears that past data is now showing up, along with the issues on the 29th & 30th as mentioned above. It's moving in the right direction.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 01:47:07 PM by racenet »

Offline weatheroz

• Senior Contributor
    • http://www.jimboombaweather.com
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2021, 06:03:56 AM »
Have noticed that W/m2 is not displaying any results.

Just wondering if it is a WU issue ?
Brendan,
vk4blp
IRLP 6857 Echolink 672767

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2021, 03:27:39 PM »
My Solar data is showing up fine on WU.  What's the link to the page on your website that is showing the issue?

Offline weatheroz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2021, 08:17:46 PM »
My Solar data is showing up fine on WU.  What's the link to the page on your website that is showing the issue?

I'm trying to get it running on a new site, but not using the full template site, but a mishmash of other stuff.

I went and viewed some older data, and the W/m2 details are coming up okay, just not recent stuff, so it may be a WU issue not taking my data.
Brendan,
vk4blp

Offline weatheroz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2021, 09:01:12 PM »

It is a WU issue I think, I can go back about 4 years and it'll show up though.

https://www.jimboombaweather.com/main/extended-data/station-history
Brendan,
vk4blp