Author Topic: New Project for Davis Station using Meteobridge & Netatmo  (Read 5806 times)

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
Re: New Project for Davis Station using Meteobridge & Netatmo
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2021, 04:24:42 AM »
This is almost perfect for Kiosk Mode on tablet. I only seem to get cut off screen on mobile devices. PC browser in full screen shows all of the theme. I tried general and Meteobridge. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Hey davidmc36,

I have put a new test theme out designed for smaller screens, feel free to give it a go and shoot a screen shot if it still does not fit.

Offline Oilswell

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2021, 12:31:29 PM »
Hey SnowSentry, thanks so much for the help to get this going for me!
It's working well except for the following data fields:
Outdoor min. temp.
Outdoor max. temp.
Windchill
Indoor temp.

Any idea how I can get those to work?
Thanks again and great work!

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 06:20:31 PM »
Hi Oilswell,

I have added the missing parameters to the URL.

if you login to WeatherWizz and copy the CumulusMX URL in the setup guide into your CumulusMX software the Outdoor min/max Windchill and Indoor temp should be working. 

Enjoy!

Offline Oilswell

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2021, 12:58:40 AM »
Hi Oilswell,

I have added the missing parameters to the URL.

if you login to WeatherWizz and copy the CumulusMX URL in the setup guide into your CumulusMX software the Outdoor min/max Windchill and Indoor temp should be working. 

Enjoy!
Thanks for the update and help, works perfectly!

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2021, 09:07:50 AM »
This CrackerJack box plastic screen Tab finally has a perfect clean Kiosk display App. No gaps wasting space, nothing chopped.

Looks like wind may be updating better, I'll have a side by side look.

I need a couple more Tabs and set it on my CumulusMX installs. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2021, 03:22:53 PM »
Don't really see the live wind following the figures in Meteobridge. Can't really even see a correlation of delay or anything either.

The display looks super sweet on mobile and browser using the small screen theme.

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2021, 04:48:01 PM »
This looks amazing. The only weird thing I've noticed is with Wind Chill. There should be a way for it to change to Heat Index when the temperature is >= 80. Right now the temperature is 86.7°F with a dew point of 79.0, but the 'Wind Chill' is 86.7. The Heat Index right now is 101°F, but this is the only thing missing from the dashboard.
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2021, 04:53:46 PM »
We use 'Feels Like' here in the UK, as it represents both ends - cold and heat.

It would be good if it was possible to choose that tile ourselves. It would just mean the text needs changing for API users, as there's webtags for both wind chill and feels like in Cumulus MX.

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2021, 01:33:08 AM »
Hey All,

I have updated the settings to include 'Apparent' temperature option.

If you are using meteobridge / cumulusMX then you will need to update the URL from the setup again.

You can now switch between (Wind Chill/Heat Index) or (Feels Like).

meteobridge does not appear to support feels like, so switching to feels like will result in _._ appearing

Only some version of CumulusMX software support the Feels Like temperature, so if you have a version that support it's just update the URL from the setup guide and switch the option to 'Feels Like'

For Wind Chill / Heat Index, when the Temp >= 80 the Wind Chill will now automatically switch to Head Index, provided you are using the latest URL from the setup.

I have not been able to do much testing on this so please let me know if it's not working for you.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 03:56:48 AM by SnowSentry »

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2021, 04:50:35 AM »
Hey everyone,

do we have any Ambient Weather station users in here that would be will to help me get Ambient Weather working with WeatherWizz.   I don't have an Ambient Weather station so reaching out to see if one of you folks would be kind enough to help.

If you have one and are willing to help, just login at https://www.weatherwizz.com and follow the intrustions I have put in the Setup Ambient Weather Statin  {BETA TESTERS} area.

Thanks to All!

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2021, 04:00:48 PM »
Hi SS

Are the extended themes designed for 10.1" tablets?

I'm having to use the small screen theme on my 10.1, as the extended themes get cut off in landscape mode.

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2021, 07:33:42 PM »
Do you know what the screen resolution of your tablet is (or just give me the model) and which theme you are using so I can take a look :)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2021, 09:22:31 AM »
Do you know what the screen resolution of your tablet is (or just give me the model) and which theme you are using so I can take a look :)

Hi SS

HUAWEI MediaPad M5 10.8

2560 x 1600px

Offline Rickoo

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2021, 10:11:52 AM »
Real novice here. What would I need to use this other than a vantage pro2? Would I need a datalogger like weatherlink live?

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2021, 06:03:22 PM »

I have a vantage pro2 with a meteobridge attached. 

Weatherlink live will not work as based on my findings weatherlink live will only send data to the WeatherLink® Cloud.

Real novice here. What would I need to use this other than a vantage pro2? Would I need a datalogger like weatherlink live?

Offline Rickoo

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2021, 06:16:21 PM »
Is Meteobridge Nano an option? If so, where would be a good place to purchase one?

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2021, 06:40:36 PM »
Hi Rickoo,

looks like it will work based on the information in here. https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Meteobridge_NANO

The purchase depends on where you are located.
https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Where_to_Buy%3F

Offline Rickoo

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2021, 08:39:17 PM »
Thanks for the info!

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2021, 06:58:13 PM »
I am trying out the Small Screen Theme (beta) version.  The set up was quick and easy (VP2/Meteobridge).  The theme works well and looks great but there is one problem: when the heat index tile is showing, the reading is in Celsius rather than Fahrenheit, even though “F” is displayed on the tile.  When the Wind Chill tile is showing, the reading correctly shows as Fahrenheit.

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2021, 07:21:52 PM »
Hey there,

Have you tried changing the conversions around.  The label does not convert the value.  If it is showing Celsius and Convert temp is set to "No", then your station is sending Celsius. Try selecting for C to F.

I am trying out the Small Screen Theme (beta) version.  The set up was quick and easy (VP2/Meteobridge).  The theme works well and looks great but there is one problem: when the heat index tile is showing, the reading is in Celsius rather than Fahrenheit, even though “F” is displayed on the tile.  When the Wind Chill tile is showing, the reading correctly shows as Fahrenheit.

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2021, 07:23:10 PM »
Hey Mapantz,

can you try one of the templates under Experimental on your device and see if it's resizes nicer?

Thanks

Hi SS

HUAWEI MediaPad M5 10.8

2560 x 1600px

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »
Also, can you shoot me a message in your account (Contact Us) with your station id so I can checkout what is happening.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2021, 08:41:28 PM »
I turned on the small screen template and when I hide the menu bar on Android Tab then swipe up it fills the whole screen, top to bottom. Its just perfect.

Offline optical_man

• WeatherUnderground
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2021, 09:27:48 PM »
Pretty neat interface.  Fairly easy to get working with my custom weather station software.  One suggestion so far is with the presented air pressure values for inHg.  I only see 3 significant figures which is basically useless.  I think it would be nice to allow 5 digits like mbar.

Offline jmello65

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2021, 01:58:32 AM »
Hello --   Can this be done using vp2 with weatherlink live and meteobridge ----  Step by step

Anyone do it using ecowitt --  is all it done threw entering into ecowitt console screen

have mine with weatherflow --  but wind speed not working correctly -- plus its using both weather stats from weatherflow -- and tempest

thoughts    help