Author Topic: How to configure webcam on Meteobridge  (Read 5650 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Have a question....I have the Ambient Weather WS-2000 Osprey uploading station data to AMBIENTWEATHER.NET.  I have a Davis Vantage Pro2Plus WLIP uploading to WEATHERLINK.COM.  I do have a AMBIENT WEATHER WEATHERBRIDGE.  Would it be possible to connect the DAVIS VP2PLUS W/ WLIP to the WEATHERBRIDGE and also connect the same station to a WEATHERLINK LIVE?
Yes, you can use your WLIP to connect to the Meteobridge and continue to upload to Weatherlink.com What does any of this have anything to do with your WS-2000?

I also have a WEATHERFLOW Tempest uploading station data to WEATHERFLOW.  I have read where METEOBRIDGE does support this station.  Does the WEATHERBRIDGE support the Tempest station?
The WeatherBridge is a Meteobridge. It is the same exact thing. The only difference is that what Ambient calls a WeatherBridge is their version with added Ambientweather.net upload license. I just refer to a WeatherBridge by its proper name ...a Meteobridge...because that is what it is. Just because Ambient wants to call it something else does not change what it really is. Boot up a WeatherBridge and it doesn't say WeatherBridge anywhere...it says Meteobridge.

The Meteobridge does support Weatherflow Air and Sky. I don't know if that means if it also support the Tempest. But if you are using the Meteobridge for your Davis station then you can't also use it for your Weatherflow. The Meteobridge only supports one station type at a time.

Just trying to utilize the ease of webcam image loading that WEATHERBRIDGE offers.  Any suggestions?  Thank You!
Whatever station you decide to connect your Meteobridge to should not impact what you do with your camera. They are two totally different things. The webcam handling on the Meteobridge is a completely separate function. Other than of course the overlay data will be of whichever station you decided to run the Meteobridge with. But if you wanted you could do without the overlay and just have a webcam image. Then you can provide that image to whichever online reporting each station does. The Meteobridge produces at the same time the image with and without the text overlay. You get to pick the given URL for the image with or without text.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Wingfat

• First Born Atomic Generation
Re: How to configure webcam on Meteobridge
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2020, 07:22:52 PM »
I'm looking for a bit of help with my camera which WAS working fine till a few days ago. The meteobridge Weather Cam upload status shows a green check mark and current time if I reboot. The upload status is frozen after this. Problem is it won't update...every 5 min or ever... unless I reboot. Station/Weather Cam External Picture is 100% funtional. Any help would be appreciated. I have rebooted many times , unplugged the power, and deleted the Weather Cam settings and re-added it. I'm out of ideas.
N.B. It seems to update once after reboot... so that's a reboot image and one update ... then nada.
N.B. Downgraded to Version 4.3 and all is well.

Meteobridge NANO SD   
RAM: 125 MB total, 43 MB free (64% used)
Storage: swissbit SLC, 1826 MB total, 1778 MB free (3% used)
SW Version: Meteobridge 4.4 (Sep 15 2020, build 3306), FW 1.4
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 04:33:48 PM by Wingfat »
No Longer operational
Davis Vantage Pro v2
Wireless Anemometer Transmitter
Meteobridge NANO-SD
Formally Parkviewx.com

Offline twassmer

• Ecowitt WS90 w HP2560_C, Davis Vantage Pro2 w WLL
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2023, 07:48:49 PM »
I'm now sending my image to all of the following:
WU
AWEKAS
MetOffice WOW
WeatherCloud
Windy

Dear Galfert,

Seems WU does not display cameras anymore and WeatherCloud requires a Plus or higher tier membership. Or do I miss something?

Sincerely, Tom
Ecowitt W90/HP2560 | WeatherBridge (Meteobridge)
WU  |  PWS_Dashboard  |  AWEKAS
AWN  |  WOW  |  CWOP

Davis Vantage Pro2 | WUHU and WLL
WU  | WL  |  CWOP

Offline twassmer

• Ecowitt WS90 w HP2560_C, Davis Vantage Pro2 w WLL
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2023, 07:54:06 PM »
New updated ticker.

• added wind direction
  • added barometric trend
    FF = Falling Fast
    FS = Falling Slow
    ST = Steady
    RS = Rising Slow
    RF = Rising Fast

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Hi Galfert,

Can you tell me how to add this to the last overlay text you posted above? Thanks in advance!
Also, the picture is downsized to 640x480 despite me using 852x480 in resize. Would like to stay at 2560x1920 but cannot figure out how to adjust the position markers...

Sincerely, Tom
Ecowitt W90/HP2560 | WeatherBridge (Meteobridge)
WU  |  PWS_Dashboard  |  AWEKAS
AWN  |  WOW  |  CWOP

Davis Vantage Pro2 | WUHU and WLL
WU  | WL  |  CWOP

anything