Author Topic: DIP switches? Where? Maybe my board doesn't have them?  (Read 2640 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
DIP switches? Where? Maybe my board doesn't have them?
« on: March 23, 2017, 07:32:07 PM »
I recently got a Rainwise Mark III LR unit with console from an estate sale.

I already have one up and running with several Oracle displays scattered around (much to my wife's annoyance, but hey when you need a wind speed or temperature, what better way?)

When I brought this one into the house and flipped it on, the Oracles went nuts, and I immediately figured out both the stations were set to the same code.

I went to the Rainwise web page and found a nice colorful manual for setting up the station, and on page 9, secdtion 5.12 for the LR station it gives directions for changing the code of the station.  It's supposed to be in the upper left corner of the motherboard.  I've seen plenty of DIP switches in my life, but for the life of me cannot find it on this board.  Unfortuntely despite all the other pictures, there is only a drawing of a generic DIP switch with no hint of where on the board to look.

I've attached a photo of the board, and while I have another LR station, its up on a roof and relatively inaccessible right now, so I can't pop the top and see if the motherboards are the same.

The board number is 10230304, if that is of any help.  I guess it is possible they realized with the increased range of these transmitters that there was overlap and interference and added the DIP channel selection on a revised board.

Anyone have experience or know answers to some of my questions?
Thanks. Dale
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
Re: DIP switches? Where? Maybe my board doesn't have them?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 08:15:49 PM »
after reading manual your dip switch might be above the  print INC.   it says S2  and it has an off and on like manual says.  Just  an guess but may help. It is just to the right of U7.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:00:48 PM »
Well, Blush again.  I was looking for the wide six position one that was talked about in the manual and supposedly in the upper left corner. 

Well, chalk it up for another one.  First I didn't kiss my wife when I got home, then on another message called Greg H as Mike.

I'm definately NOT doing any coding or soldering tonight!

Wow.

Thanks for the gentle message rather than starting out with "You blind old man..."
Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 10:55:12 PM »
Been there done that. let's know if it works

John

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 11:07:55 PM »
John,
Your sharp eyes found the right switch set.

Changed in a jiffy, and powered up, reset the Oracle (Max/select; Humidity/select; select to verify run mode; then chose St(ation) 1 rather than 0; then select to get back to the normal display.

It's busily verifying its temperature and wind and humidity being very close to it's brother and I hope they track well and I can get it installed.

Thanks again, I appreciate the forum's members to offer help when they can.
Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline johnc.stutz

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 04:00:30 PM »
That is the older through hole board.
The switches on the board you have only handle station address,
1 on = ch1
2 on = ch2
1&2 on =ch3
1&2 off = ch0 (Default)

Hope that helps.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 05:56:12 PM »
Yes, that did the trick, and also the Oracle board has slightly different coding using "st" for station and not "ch" for channel.

Now if I could just find the sequence to send to the C2000 to get it to switch  to a different channel, too. It is the LR model but neither I in the online documentation or 20 minutes on the phone with tech support find the sequence   I'll have to call back to get another chance to see if they have found it.

Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

anything