Author Topic: Updating Weather Underground and My Acurite sites with new Atlas  (Read 428 times)

Offline Clint1583

Updating Weather Underground and My Acurite sites with new Atlas
« on: November 13, 2018, 02:22:32 PM »
Okay, for better or for worse I ordered the new Atlas system off of Amazon knowing about the past issues. Like others I've been on the fence with this decision but I figured that with an Amazon 30 day return policy I don't have much to lose other then my time in returning it if needed.

My question though, I currently have an older Acurite 5-1 I'm replacing and with it have accounts with both My Acurite and Weather Underground. When upgrading to a new unit like this are there any tips or suggestions to easily make changes to these accounts/sites or is it simply easier to delete them both and start over?

Thanks!

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Updating Weather Underground and My Acurite sites with new Atlas
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 03:08:11 PM »
Okay, for better or for worse I ordered the new Atlas system off of Amazon knowing about the past issues. Like others I've been on the fence with this decision but I figured that with an Amazon 30 day return policy I don't have much to lose other then my time in returning it if needed.

My question though, I currently have an older Acurite 5-1 I'm replacing and with it have accounts with both My Acurite and Weather Underground. When upgrading to a new unit like this are there any tips or suggestions to easily make changes to these accounts/sites or is it simply easier to delete them both and start over?

Thanks!

There's no need to delete anything on the myAcurite site.  Just set up the Atlas when it appears.

As for wunderground, you just need to add your wunderground login credentials to the Atlas instead of the 5n1.  myAcurite won't let you report to both at the same time from the same Access, so there's no chance of "interference".

I'm not sure if you're forced to delete the wunderground login info from the 5n1 first or not.

Offline Clint1583

Re: Updating Weather Underground and My Acurite sites with new Atlas
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 03:52:15 PM »
Thanks! Like always your big help with these weather station questions. Hopefully everything will go smooth, certainly keeping my fingers crossed with this new Atlas.

anything