Author Topic: Weather34 template(non meteobridge versions)  (Read 117895 times)

Offline mikeym2m

• Senior Contributor
    • MikeyM's Thornhurst PA Weather
Re: HOMEWEATHERSTATION Dashboard template
« Reply #600 on: August 25, 2018, 09:10:21 AM »
Thanks Brian

No problem and enjoy your weekend!

:grin:

MikeyM

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #601 on: August 26, 2018, 05:52:26 AM »
Thanks Brian

No problem and enjoy your weekend!

MikeyM

good morning MikeyM

was able to fix locally the timestamp , if you download a new version of weatherflow template it should now only reflect the time of the API created data. *note with weatheflow API version the data is only updated at 1 minute intervals this is a limitation of the weatherflow API not template . alternatively to get more accurate and shorter intervals like 5-10 seconds best option is meteobridge as that also offers far more options in terms of historical data , max , min and so on.thanks for getting in touch and highlighting the timestamp issue, also fixed the southern hemisphere for moonphase svg image i.e reversed for southern hemisphere. brian

as always via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

Offline mikeym2m

• Senior Contributor
    • MikeyM's Thornhurst PA Weather
« Reply #602 on: August 26, 2018, 11:49:40 AM »
Brian

New update looks GOOD! Thanks   =D>

Cheers

MikeyM

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #603 on: August 26, 2018, 05:17:21 PM »
Brian

New update looks GOOD! Thanks   =D>

Cheers

MikeyM

good i turned off the purple air module should only use if you have a supported hardware .other than that have fun..brian

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
    • Westminster Massachusetts Weather
« Reply #604 on: September 03, 2018, 08:36:54 PM »
I have recently setup the Weather34 template for Weatherflow Air and Sky. I understand that due to possible API changes that the template is currently in flux. I do have a couple of comments/questions.I realy enjoy the template and hope that updates will continue in the future.

1. When using Chrome Browser, the battery voltages are located below the battery icons in the temperature section. Works OK in Microsoft Explorer and Edge.

2. I have set up the Darksky API, but do not get any forecasts.

3. I watched the wind module most of today and it never went over 1.0-2.0 mph, while the data from the weatherflow app was showing much higher readings. And, my Weather Display software via the UDP setting had a gust up to 11.6. What am I actually viewing in that module?

4. If Weather34 is viewing data from the Weatherflow API, isn't that set for 1 minute intervals?, But, the settings.php has some settings for less than 1 minute. Am I missing something.

5. I do not have Weatherunderground set up for my Weatherflow unit, are there otherways to get the graphs and to save the data from the API? i.e. mysql

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions http://scannorthcounty.net/weatherflow/index.php
John
Westminster, MA USA

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #605 on: September 03, 2018, 09:37:32 PM »
good morning

thanks for the info on chrome have to say i forgot crosscheck chrome ,anyway have fixed it just grab download and just replace the two css files main,light files in css folder.

darksky can you pm the setup password which you can change at any time later but a quicklook the darksky.txt on your server threw back a forbidden error

UDP versus 1 minute API cant answer that one dont use weather display or have access to its data output .template just displays data received via API.personally the API
is not much use to those used to seeing regular update intervals in seconds .. cant help on this one..

Weatherflow template uses the same files as the meteobridge and cumulus versions and hopefully future change to weatherflow API will have shorter update intervals so as it is now i leave it like that. 

Graphs yes if you have mysql knowledge i can provide a script to dump the received data from the API into mysql database.

chrome fixed screenshot
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:45:26 PM by weather34 »

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
    • Westminster Massachusetts Weather
« Reply #606 on: September 03, 2018, 10:03:16 PM »
Brian,

Thanks for the responses. I have sent you a PM.

John
John
Westminster, MA USA

Offline tcichowicz

« Reply #607 on: September 08, 2018, 12:48:34 PM »

Looking for HELP getting my template (weather34) for the WeatherFlow station...

This is the only place I could find that seems to have "Weather34" support ?? Is there a special thread for WeatherFlow template?

got it setup on my webserver - (PHP7.x)

I'm stuck trying to get many of the ADMIN setting configured (saved)

many/most of the paramaters are saving - however once I get down to the weather station ID and hardware they just don't stick!

what am I doing wrong?

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #608 on: September 08, 2018, 01:07:41 PM »
hi cant help much unfortunately, if its on your own server nothing can diagnose .

some often hit enter before completing  all the options before reaching the very bottom if its saving some and not others then something else is strangely amiss because all options are built on same method .

brian .

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #609 on: September 08, 2018, 01:09:47 PM »
I don't know anything about Weatherflow, but for the general template settings I have heard that someone was having a save issue using Edge.  You could try another browser.

If you know what to put in you can manually edit settings1.php

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #610 on: September 08, 2018, 01:19:05 PM »
hi paul

i looked at edge a year ago and thought why do they not adapt to full -webkit- support i just dont understand why they release another browser with non standard support so i have never pursued edge compatibility and probably never will unless im forced to use a windows machine .

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #611 on: September 08, 2018, 01:32:00 PM »

Looking for HELP getting my template (weather34) for the WeatherFlow station...

This is the only place I could find that seems to have "Weather34" support ?? Is there a special thread for WeatherFlow template?

got it setup on my webserver - (PHP7.x)

I'm stuck trying to get many of the ADMIN setting configured (saved)

many/most of the paramaters are saving - however once I get down to the weather station ID and hardware they just don't stick!

what am I doing wrong?

I had the same or similar problem. Are you using the web based interface vs editing the settings and uploading via FTP? I was using the web based interface in Chrome and it was autopopulating fields when I saved. I changed to IE and the problem was solved. Don't know if that is the problem but it was mine. Andy
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline tcichowicz

« Reply #612 on: September 08, 2018, 02:36:45 PM »
Well, I'm more baffled now than before ...

If I edit the settings1.php file directly - I can get some change in the Homescreen page -- if I then go into the settings admin - again all the fields are populated with the original data that I wasn't able to save...

this is what I want ...

Code: [Select]
$weatherflowID = "4785";
$weatherflowdairID = "13308";
$weatherflowdskyID = "13328";
$id = "KFLNORTH230";
$TZ = "America/New_York";

this is what it keeps changing it back to...

$apikey = "fe2ac8fb54e8cf2079a8b30f35cf261b";
$weatherflowID = "885";
$weatherflowdairID = "7999";
$weatherflowdskyID = "7588";
$id = "IVESAMBR2";
$TZ = "Europe/Istanbul";

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #613 on: September 08, 2018, 02:41:38 PM »
Well, I'm more baffled now than before ...

If I edit the settings1.php file directly - I can get some change in the Homescreen page -- if I then go into the settings admin - again all the fields are populated with the original data that I wasn't able to save...

this is what I want ...

$weatherflowID = "4785";
$weatherflowdairID = "13308";
$weatherflowdskyID = "13328";
$id = "KFLNORTH230";
$TZ = "America/New_York";

this is what it keeps changing it back to...

$apikey = "fe2ac8fb54e8cf2079a8b30f35cf261b";
$weatherflowID = "885";
$weatherflowdairID = "7999";
$weatherflowdskyID = "7588";
$id = "IVESAMBR2";
$TZ = "Europe/Istanbul";

What browser are you using when using the admin page? That sounds like the same problem i had described in my last post. Maybe try signing out of your browser if you are signed in.
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline tcichowicz

« Reply #614 on: September 08, 2018, 02:46:41 PM »
latest version of Chrome

Offline tcichowicz

« Reply #615 on: September 08, 2018, 02:54:44 PM »
latest version of Chrome

I tried Edge -  that seemed to start to work! However even after all my setting were set - it doesn't seem to be connecting to my Weather Station... not the WU nor my WeatherFlow..?

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #616 on: September 08, 2018, 03:20:22 PM »
I used IE 11 and it worked for me. make sure you are not signed into your Microsoft account if you have one, and no autofill or autopasswords are enabled.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #617 on: September 08, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
ok i just added all your weatherflow ID into my local demo using chrome no issues in saving files . i can honestly say 90% of issues apart from my own css mistakes are local run servers.the template is developed on a local server using XAMPP currently PHP 7.2.9 .so i dont know it is very hard to diagnose without some accessible url .

screensot below is using your current data with your weatherflow credentials added in chrome Version Version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit).. brian

Offline tcichowicz

« Reply #618 on: September 08, 2018, 05:43:19 PM »
ok i just added all your weatherflow ID into my local demo using chrome no issues in saving files . i can honestly say 90% of issues apart from my own css mistakes are local run servers.the template is developed on a local server using XAMPP currently PHP 7.2.9 .so i dont know it is very hard to diagnose without some accessible url .

screensot below is using your current data with your weatherflow credentials added in chrome Version Version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit).. brian

Well I'm currently using my Synology NAS as my server. Never run it before. I'll see if I can poke a hole in my router for external access ...

Thanks - that's mine I recognize my battery voltages...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:47:07 AM by tcichowicz »

Offline Ryan

« Reply #619 on: September 29, 2018, 02:27:05 PM »
https://www.njacobmillerwx.com

Everything but the graphs with data pulled from Wunderground stopped updating on the 24th. It also looks like like of the APIs that it pulls from stopped updating on the same fate. My station is reporting fine to Wunderground. I have tried restarting the Digital Oceans Droplet that the site is hosted on. All the settings in easyweathersetup.php don't appear to have changed and look correct.

Suggestions?

Offline Ryan

« Reply #620 on: September 29, 2018, 02:58:11 PM »
I think I found the issue. No idea how to fix it though... The SSL cert that I have from my registrar is still valid. So I'm not sure what changed.

I have tried changing the IP to the url of my site but it still doesn't work.

Offline Forever

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #621 on: September 30, 2018, 11:33:52 AM »
It looks like Brian pulled versions again.

Anyone have the latest Weather Display and Weather Flow versions?

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #622 on: September 30, 2018, 11:57:35 AM »
I just cannot stop laughing... sorry... its just unbelievable... how many times did he do this in the 3yr history of his template? Give it a few weeks...

Yes I also have much less time now, but I dont delete stuff and dont grouch about it all the time

Offline taylormia

• Merrifield Village
« Reply #623 on: October 08, 2018, 09:29:53 PM »
If anyone is interested in the weeWX adapted version of the weather34 template, you can find it at the link below courtesy of Ian Steeple. All support questions on this adapted version should be directed to Ian and not to Brian.

https://github.com/steepleian/weather34-Home-Weatherstation-Template-WeeWX-adapted

Here is my web site (https://weather.sathy.us) using this template. The additional benefit of this adapted template is the capability to display CanvasJS charts generated from native weeWX historical reports rather than a feed from the free Weather Underground API , which as many of you know is going away shortly.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:42:18 PM by taylormia »
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 24hr FARS
Software: weeWX

Offline taylormia

• Merrifield Village
« Reply #624 on: October 16, 2018, 10:36:51 AM »
At the link below is a general guide on integrating weeWX weather software with the weather34 web template adapted for weeWX by Ian Steeple. In this example, the weeWX server and the web server are on separate systems. Download the guide to use the embedded web links.

https://github.com/steepleian/weather34-Home-Weatherstation-Template-WeeWX-adapted/blob/master/taylormia_remote_server_setup.pdf
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:54:10 PM by taylormia »
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 24hr FARS
Software: weeWX