Author Topic: Weewx to Wxsim extension  (Read 541 times)

Offline Russell797

• Lowell Highlands Weather
Weewx to Wxsim extension
« on: February 09, 2024, 09:07:56 AM »
Has anyone done any work on such an extension to provide the home data import from Weewx to Wxsim?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 03:40:52 PM by Russell797 »
Lowell Highlands Current Weather Conditions

Offline vinceskahan

• Senior Contributor
    • home site
Re: Weewx to Wxsim extension
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 08:40:28 PM »
If Wxsim can 'import' data it shouldn't be too tough to get WeeWX to export data in that format.  Just write yourself a custom skin template that generates the right output data and format.    I've never heard of Wxsim and the website is 'horrible' so I can't speculate on whether what you're asking is possible on the Wxsim side or not.
WeeWX sites:
  Davis VP2+DFARS to a pi4
  EcoWitt GW1000, WH32 outdoor T+H, multiple WH31 indoor T+H, WH51 soilMoisture, WH34 soilTemp (pi4)
  Davis AirLink (inside)
  PurpleAir (outside)
Home site:        https://www.skahan.net/
Wunderground: KWAFEDER15
PWS:                KWFEDER15
CWOP:              CW6881

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
Re: Weewx to Wxsim extension
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 06:31:03 AM »
Basically all that is needed is to get weewx to create a log file in the same format as one of the existing supported programs, Weather Display CumulusMX etc and then point the collection program (WXSimate) at that set of files and let it do the rest. Personally I'd pick CumulusMX as the monthly log file from that seem to be all that WXSimate uses. I would not try to copy the format created by WXSimate as that could and probably will change over time.

Stuart
Ecowitt GW1003 with ultrasonic wind gauge, lightning sensor and PM2.5 sensor with Personal Weather Tablet as a console.