Author Topic: WU New Password Request?  (Read 1275 times)

Offline MaverickNH

WU New Password Request?
« on: August 02, 2023, 04:29:00 PM »
I just got two emails 90min apart from noreply@wunderground.com asking me to reset my PW. Legit? Email text below.

BRET/N4SRN

Set a New Password
Thank you for being a valued member of the Weather Underground community.

To keep delivering the service you know and love, we recently updated our system. As a result, we kindly ask you to set a new password.

Once you've done this, you'll be able to continue enjoying all your favourite Weather Underground features as normal.
Set New Password
The link is active for 24 hours after you receive this email.
If your password reset link has expired, request a new reset link.
New: A Streamlined Login Experience

If you’re a WU member in the United States, your email address and updated password will work seamlessly across wunderground.com, weather.com and The Weather Channel apps on iOS and Android.

For help, read our FAQs.

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
Ecowitt GW1102 (with GW2000) + Weather Display in Windows 10

Offline WxFox

• Northern Androscoggin Weather
  • Happiness is having my toes in the warm sand.
    • Northern Androscoggin County Weather
Re: WU New Password Request?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 05:35:29 PM »
That should be interesting. I've been successfully sending data to WU for many years and still do, but my WU login doesn't work, the system and support people say there's no record of my account, yet I am still sending data and it's still coming through. I tried making a new account once and it wouldn't let me. I don't think I can change my password. Or anything.
Davis VP2 (cabled) Uploading to PWS, Weather Underground, Weathercloud, WOW, WeatherBug, AWEKAS and Twitter, using Cumulus.  Cabled = fewer problems, less maintenance and better reliability!

Northern Androscoggin Weather:
http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011/index.php
Mobile friendly: http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011//iCumulus/#_home
CWOP AV346

Offline N0NB

• Amateur weather observer
  • Contributor
    • N0NB.us
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 05:12:37 AM »
I recall trying to reset my password last summer and getting a screen that they're having temporary problems.  I just tried it again and get the same result.  Their system sent a reset link to my email address quickly so that is still on file and associated with my account.

Likewise, my station has been uploading data all along in rapid fire mode without issue, okay occasionally WeeWX logs a failed upload but that has always been "normal".  I really don't want to break anything, but at some point I know I 'll need to update something...

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 07:41:05 AM »
That should be interesting. I've been successfully sending data to WU for many years and still do, but my WU login doesn't work,

Because your account login  and the Station and Key for upload are separate.

Offline N0NB

• Amateur weather observer
  • Contributor
    • N0NB.us
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2023, 08:48:28 AM »
Mine uses the station name but also my login password for station uploads through WeeWX.

anything