Author Topic: Weatherlink IP 6555  (Read 1277 times)

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
Weatherlink IP 6555
« on: February 04, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »
I'm looking for a Weatherelink IP 6555, new or used. I'm not interested in Weatherlink Live.
----
Frederico Wessel
My weather site: www.tempoemteutonia.com.br
Brazilian PWSs: www.estacoesdobrasil.com.br

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Weatherlink IP 6555
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 08:44:48 AM »
Weatherlink IP has been discontinued. I've looked at most all vendors and they are out of stock. I think the only way you'll get one is on the used market.

Just curious why the WLIP? Why not the WLL? The WLL pretty much has replaced the WLIP in functionality in every way and has more to offer. With WLL you can upload to Weatherlink.com and it is compatible with popular 3rd party weather software solutions.

About the only thing I can think of is that the WLL won't send data to Weatherlink PC software, but Weatherlink PC software can be configured to download from Weatherlink.com.

So perhaps the only reason I can think of is you are trying to use some old unsupported 3rd party software.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline R_o_B

• WxElement panel
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 11:57:51 AM »
How about using the WiFiLogger - it is similar to the WeatherLinkIP in that it install directly inside the Vantage Pro2/Vantage Vue console, and can upload the data received by the console to Weatherlink.

But the WiFiLogger has a lot more to offer than the WeatherLinkIP: First, it transmits it data wirelessly to weather software such as Weather Display, it can send the data to other weather services such as Weatherlink,  Weather Underground, Personal Weather Station, Weather Cloud, AWEKAS, Met Office WOW, Citizen Weather Observer Program CWOP, Windy.com, GLOBE.
R_o_B
---
eMail: weather@herray.net

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 12:08:36 PM »
Weatherlink IP has been discontinued. I've looked at most all vendors and they are out of stock. I think the only way you'll get one is on the used market.

Just curious why the WLIP? Why not the WLL? The WLL pretty much has replaced the WLIP in functionality in every way and has more to offer. With WLL you can upload to Weatherlink.com and it is compatible with popular 3rd party weather software solutions.

About the only thing I can think of is that the WLL won't send data to Weatherlink PC software, but Weatherlink PC software can be configured to download from Weatherlink.com.

So perhaps the only reason I can think of is you are trying to use some old unsupported 3rd party software.

The question is that with WLL I can't download the weather data with Weatherlink PC software. Davis Support said there isn't web download for WLL, because they use the Weatherlink Cloud, and I don't want to pay for have my own data with me.
----
Frederico Wessel

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 12:15:36 PM »
How about using the WiFiLogger - it is similar to the WeatherLinkIP in that it install directly inside the Vantage Pro2/Vantage Vue console, and can upload the data received by the console to Weatherlink.

But the WiFiLogger has a lot more to offer than the WeatherLinkIP: First, it transmits it data wirelessly to weather software such as Weather Display, it can send the data to other weather services such as Weatherlink,  Weather Underground, Personal Weather Station, Weather Cloud, AWEKAS, Met Office WOW, Citizen Weather Observer Program CWOP, Windy.com, GLOBE.

This WLIP is to replace a WFL that is loosing wifi conection frequently. I have 4 WFL, all working fine but one looses connection and WIFI is working on my cell phone ou laptop. I already sent an e-mail to Wojtek and he told that is rare, but can happen with some wifi routers. I could replace wifi router, but I have sure that with cable, the problem will be solved.
----
Frederico Wessel

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »
Since you have more than one WFL, I would recommend swapping two WFL to make sure the problem is the WiFi router and not with the WFL. Then after determining this, if the WiFi router is truly the problem then replace it. If the WiFi router is an issue for the WFL then I'm sure it can't be that good for other WiFi client devices.
Tele-Pole

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 02:48:30 PM »
Since you have more than one WFL, I would recommend swapping two WFL to make sure the problem is the WiFi router and not with the WFL. Then after determining this, if the WiFi router is truly the problem then replace it. If the WiFi router is an issue for the WFL then I'm sure it can't be that good for other WiFi client devices.

Yes, I have a spare WFL. I gonna swap and see what happen. But it's interesting, other devices aren't affected, only WFL. Curious.
----
Frederico Wessel

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 03:36:46 PM »
My point is that other devices may be more tolerant, but perhaps they would work better if the WiFi was more robust. Or you just got a bad WFL. Let us know after you test.
Tele-Pole

anything