Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184263 times)

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1175 on: January 12, 2019, 11:49:51 AM »
@WUpm, for the third day running my station and many of those in my area is not appearing on the WUnderground Map. I've been providing data to you for nearly 10 years and it's never been as bad as this.

When I log in to my ISTOCKPO4 account I can see my station and others on the small scale map proving you're getting my data. So why doesn't my station show on the larger WU map?
My station is not showing up on the larger "WonderMap" either. I had previously discovered that some stations appeared randomly when at different zoom levels. That is not the case this time. Quite honestly, WU is FUBAR, and we are now just chatting amongst ourselves. It's pretty evident that no-one from WU has participated in this rapture since June of '18. Been a year now with one screw-up after another. The new WU motto must be "We are WU...We don't have to Care". If for some odd reason someone from WU is reading this, our wrath would be greatly lessened if you would just engage with your customers. I for one will not contact Ms. Victoria via e-mail as for certain she is just another talking head from their BM.

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1176 on: January 12, 2019, 12:30:25 PM »
Opening my page now the update times seem to be behaving. The location is on your WU widgets

Ah, I stopped using the widgets ages ago. I see you have a location in yours but mine just says 'No Data' despite uploads have been unbroken in years.

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1177 on: January 12, 2019, 12:32:44 PM »
My station is not showing up on the larger "WonderMap" either. I had previously discovered that some stations appeared randomly when at different zoom levels. That is not the case this time. Quite honestly, WU is FUBAR, and we are now just chatting amongst ourselves. It's pretty evident that no-one from WU has participated in this rapture since June of '18. Been a year now with one screw-up after another. The new WU motto must be "We are WU...We don't have to Care". If for some odd reason someone from WU is reading this, our wrath would be greatly lessened if you would just engage with your customers. I for one will not contact Ms. Victoria via e-mail as for certain she is just another talking head from their BM.

If you have a Facebook account you could always vent your spleen there. At least a site visible to the public might elicit a response.  They seem pretty active there. I've posted and await publication of my post.
https://www.facebook.com/wunderground/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:37:14 PM by Ray Proudfoot »

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1178 on: January 17, 2019, 04:30:27 AM »
Hello Sean and Ben. Nice to see some representation from WU here. My No 1 priority is to see my station show up on the WU Map. I upload all my data to you and that is visible on my ISTOCKPO4 account. I even see my station (and others) shown on the small WU Map on my own page. But it refuses to show on the main WU map.

Good luck!

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1179 on: January 18, 2019, 07:48:40 AM »
Well it would seem Sean and Ben have been abducted by aliens. Either that or just false promises about trying to fix things.

My guess is it's the latter. What was once a premier service is now bargain basement without the bargain part! Shambles!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:33:21 AM by Ray Proudfoot »

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #1180 on: January 18, 2019, 04:16:58 PM »
Hi Folks

Apologies for drifting away from this thread.  Ben has as many of you noticed left the company.  I'm not sure who sean is.  No one by that name has been at WU for a while.

Anyway.  I'm looking into why some stations that should be appearing on the wundermap are not.  Specifically ISTOCKPO4 is confusing me.    Hopefully we'll have this resolved soon.

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1181 on: January 18, 2019, 06:03:25 PM »
Hi Folks

Apologies for drifting away from this thread.  Ben has as many of you noticed left the company.  I'm not sure who sean is.  No one by that name has been at WU for a while.

Anyway.  I'm looking into why some stations that should be appearing on the wundermap are not.  Specifically ISTOCKPO4 is confusing me.    Hopefully we'll have this resolved soon.

That's mine! Hope you can get it visible again. I didn't know Ben had left. Hopefully you'll be sticking around to pick up on all the requests people have asked for.

Offline raul_sbd

• Raul Weather
« Reply #1182 on: January 18, 2019, 06:10:07 PM »
Hi Folks

Hello could you have a look at the issues I’m facing with my isale43 station?

First one is with Wunderground on my iPad not displaying indoor temp/humidity. All the parameters show ok but not the indoor temp/hum. Looking on another forum found out that I had to tick the box on cumulus 1.9.4 build 1099 internet settings. I have done that but now still 1h after not displaying the indoor temp. It shows the temp as -18c and says no data available. Data shows fine on my website www.raulsbd.co.uk

Then my webcam is not appearing on the map of webcams although displays fine on the wunderground website and on the WunderStation iOS app.
My weather station ISALE43 displays fine on the stations map is just my webcam associated to the station doesn’t display on the map webcam layer.

Please could you help me?

Many thanks

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1183 on: January 18, 2019, 07:17:34 PM »
I noticed on the individual WU station pages it still shows how many times someone has viewed a particular station since January 1, 2019, but now all stations apparently show they have been viewed but 1 time—“PWS viewed 1 time since January 1, 2019”. Not sure why this count is important in the first place so it should be corrected to have the correct count, like it apparently was before, OR deleted as showing 1 visit for all individual stations is clearly wrong!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:28:01 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1184 on: January 18, 2019, 08:15:44 PM »
Hi Folks

Is it Aprils fools day already?

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #1185 on: January 18, 2019, 09:06:16 PM »
been here for 15 years, probably not going anywhere any time soon :)

Hi Folks

That's mine! Hope you can get it visible again. I didn't know Ben had left. Hopefully you'll be sticking around to pick up on all the requests people have asked for.

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1186 on: January 19, 2019, 05:06:03 AM »

Saturday morning here in England and even fewer stations are now visible in my area. Also, why is the map loaded twice? Seems pointless. Using Firefox v64.0.2 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Glad to hear you're not going anywhere else soon. What's your name?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1187 on: January 19, 2019, 05:38:37 AM »

Saturday morning here in England and even fewer stations are now visible in my area. Also, why is the map loaded twice? Seems pointless. Using Firefox v64.0.2 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Glad to hear you're not going anywhere else soon. What's your name?

His name is Tim.

Tim,
Glad to have you back! My station KFLWINTE111 has also disappeared. I also when are MADIS stations going to show back up on the Wundermap? They have been gone since around June/July 2018.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 05:43:47 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #1188 on: January 19, 2019, 06:41:05 AM »
Most of our local stations have disappeared from the Blunder(Wunder)Map, so I've removed the BlunderMap link from my menu system.  It appears that only the last 150 or so stations numbered from KLNKNE100 or so on up are on their BlunderMap.

They still receive my station's data, but the only links to WU on my site are to my station.

BTW, their FAQ lists the possible reasons for stations disappearing from the BlunderMap, and longevity isn't one of them.  They leave us with the impression that it's a QC issue, which is laughable.  After all, local variability, aka 'microclimate', is one of the foremost reasons we have our own weather systems.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #1189 on: January 19, 2019, 08:25:18 AM »
Jerry,

You make a very good point here.  The big guys seem to forget that the whole point of Backyard Weather Stations is to monitor the micro-climate which can vary remarkably sometimes within a rather small geographical area.  Readings in one's backyard are not expected to mirror those of surrounding stations, especially the "official" observations from a nearby airport.  This is not a handicap or an undesirable side effect.  It is exactly what we want.

Online mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #1190 on: January 19, 2019, 08:54:08 AM »
I notice that the stations that are missing from wundermap also have no data on their PWS Widgets, and those that do, do :)
Mark

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1191 on: January 19, 2019, 10:54:00 AM »
1) I'm not sure who sean is.  No one by that name has been at WU for a while.

2) Anyway.  I'm looking into why some stations that should be appearing on the wundermap are not.  Specifically ISTOCKPO4 is confusing me.    Hopefully we'll have this resolved soon.
@1 this guy (probably took a bullet)
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
@2 As of 7:50am PST there are a total of 0 (zero) stations on the WonderMap
<edit> after multiple page refreshes, the few are back.  I still think it has to do with a change in the zoom of the page where it would drop many pins as you zoom in. Now they're just gone.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:57:00 AM by rormeister »

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #1192 on: January 19, 2019, 12:54:17 PM »
My take on this:

Weather Underground has been victimized by acquisition.  Often when companies are acquired the clueless new owners want to insert their own management who have no idea what their underlings do nor do they understand how they do it.  Hence in order to assert their dominance new managers force their reportees to follow the new prescribed goals, objectives, and protocols which often run quite counter to the normal functioning of the acquired organization.

Hence the tendency of an acquiring company to break things.  Many times after the destruction is nearly complete the acquiring organization abandons all pretense of continuing the acquired entity's business as usual.  They wanted only a piece of it, got what they wanted, and to he!! with any prior functionality.  Hence WU's current sorry state.

If WU continues to behave as it does now, I will stop playing IBM's game and end my WU data feed after 18 years.

Edit 2019 Jan 25:  Several days ago WU resolved the issue with local PWS visibility and access via WunderMap which now appears to be working normally again.  My WebCam link on WunderMap works in all browsers except Chrome, so I can't blame the WunderMap's webcam link's dysfunction in Chrome on WU.  Rather Chrome appears to be the culprit.

Don't forget to login by clicking on the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner of WunderMap.  This will enable you to personalize your view of the WunderMap by clicking on 'Save Prefs', which does indeed just that.  Naturally as a contributor to WU your account will be ad-free once you've logged in.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:30:05 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline WheelinDealin

« Reply #1193 on: January 19, 2019, 01:53:50 PM »
My station is also missing from the larger Wundermap, even though I just received my 1st ever gold star.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCAFALLB91

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1194 on: January 19, 2019, 03:35:03 PM »
Hi Folks

I wunder why my station is absent.  Can you Specifically look into why my station (KCASANBE1) is not on the wundermap?

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1195 on: January 20, 2019, 04:40:41 AM »
To Tim,

Daily progress report. Sunday 09:40 GMT. My weather station - ISTOCKPO4 - still not appearing on WU Map despite it appearing on the mini version when I access my station on WU. And the double-loading of the map continues. Do others see this?

Offline editorizer

« Reply #1196 on: January 20, 2019, 05:24:25 AM »
Personal Weather Station Info
Weather Station ID: KNCFAYET25

Station Name: Montclair

Latitude / Longitude: N 35 ° 3 ' 7 '', W 78 ° 57 ' 42 ''
Elevation: 223

City: Fayetteville
State: NC

Hardware: AcuRite Pro Weather Center

Software: VISReader 3.8.0.2

Been off all maps for well over 2 years. My PWS should be passing QC with NO problem. Any help would be fantastic- but it's been so long now I really don't expect a miracle.

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1197 on: January 20, 2019, 07:43:48 AM »
This is the crazy bit I don't understand and I'd love it if Tim could esplain it. Here's a screenshot of my station when viewed in the WU website. Notice my station is circled. So you can display it on that small map but not on the main WU one. Why not?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline editorizer

« Reply #1198 on: January 20, 2019, 09:30:29 AM »
Post the wundermap direct link. I can't seem to search for stations. Also, did you notice that your PWS has only been viewed 1 time. Mine was about 86 times yesterday and today it says 1 time. I checked many other stations and they all say 1 time??

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1199 on: January 20, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »
On the forecast page, today tab,  the satellite map is not a satellite map.

anything