Author Topic: Full Time "ON" Backlit Display  (Read 566 times)

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
Full Time "ON" Backlit Display
« on: November 18, 2020, 04:29:03 PM »
I'm seeking a station with a color, backlit display that is always lit.  I need to be able to see it from across a room, day or night without having to touch the screen or any buttons.

I don't care about scientific accuracy and nothing will be uploaded anywhere, though I would like a PC interface for spreadsheet and graphing ability.  I don't care about brand names, but I'd prefer to avoid Ambient.  Davis and the other high dollar units will not be considered.

And it needs to be CHEAP.  Under $100 if possible, or at least under $150.  I'd prefer the sensors be separate so I can mount the wind higher.

Now, don't all jump in at once, OK?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 04:30:49 PM by WeatherHost »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Full Time "ON" Backlit Display
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 05:54:32 PM »
Get a FOSHK clone and send the data to a tablet.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 06:15:37 PM »
Even if I could get a tablet that stayed awake and lit full time that I could mount to a wall, that's an extra component and expense.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 07:47:01 PM »
Even if I could get a tablet that stayed awake and lit full time that I could mount to a wall, that's an extra component and expense.
Then you are SOL.  You can't find what you want for a C-note.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Boston4

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 05:07:39 PM »
Lacrosse V40A-PROV2 - $163 on their site.  $139 on Overstock.com  Looks to be what you are looking for.

anything