Author Topic: Change personal website associated with my WU PWS?  (Read 2130 times)

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
Change personal website associated with my WU PWS?
« on: September 03, 2016, 02:04:37 PM »
I discovered that my PWS KCOTABER1 has a link to my old website.  I have spent the last hour looking through the WU knowledge base trying to find how to change the link to my new website, with no success.  ](*,)

I have sent a ticket to WU, but who knows if I will ever get a response, so I decided to try here.  Anyone got any ideas, or did I just miss something in the knowledge base?

Thanks for any help.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline mvignola29

• KCTSEYMO7
Re: Change personal website associated with my WU PWS?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 09:19:41 AM »
I have the same problem in trying to update my station info with no success. I have emailed them various times with no reply. My problem was when I original setup my station on their site I did not get the exact location correctly. I was not able to make any adjustment to that setting and had to setup another site with the correct location. I tried to just delete the old site but that is not possible once data has been sent. I am not able to update any of the info on the new site like add pictures of the weather station. I have email them and get no reply. Being very new at having a weather station this its frustrating.
I was hoping that maybe this forum could provide some info on solving this issue

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 09:30:36 AM »
What I would do is go to your Profile and under settings Delete Account.
Then open up a new one. It might take a couple days for it to show up but it might work.

Offline mvignola29

• KCTSEYMO7
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 09:49:42 AM »
One problem with deleting the account is that I did sign up for the Ad free membership that was an annual fee of $10. If I delete the account I am sure I will lose that benefit with the new account that I would setup unless I pay another $10. You would think they would have some sort of support for their site. Unless it takes weeks for them to reply to emails. At this point I will just use the new site I did create and hope at some point they contact me and permit me to update the site and delete the original site I created in error.
Thanks for the reply

Michael

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 10:32:02 AM »
Try after logged in, My Profile, My Weather Station, click the settings icon on upper right of the station...

For changing location, likely My Profile, Member Settings, Home & Favorites, select Home Location...

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 11:53:23 AM »
One problem with deleting the account is that I did sign up for the Ad free membership that was an annual fee of $10. If I delete the account I am sure I will lose that benefit with the new account that I would setup unless I pay another $10. You would think they would have some sort of support for their site. Unless it takes weeks for them to reply to emails. At this point I will just use the new site I did create and hope at some point they contact me and permit me to update the site and delete the original site I created in error.
Thanks for the reply

Michael
As long as you register a PWS with them you get a free membership.

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 12:33:35 PM »
Make sure you are logged into WU

Go to https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCOTABER1

On the right side click the MY PWS link

On your station list click the Gear on the right and click EDIT

You will find the place to change your web site location.

Offline mvignola29

• KCTSEYMO7
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 01:15:55 PM »
As you can see below ( See Attached) I want to delete station KCTSEYMO6, this is the station that I originally setup with the incorrect location. Station KCYSEYMO7 is the new corrected one I created. The problem is that with station 7 I am not able to update any of the additional setting, like pictures of the site or any other info that is outline to be updated.

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »
You can not delete stations once they have uploaded data. Just something that WU does not allow you to do.

Why can't you update the info for 7? WU won't let you change the location but just about anything else you can. Did you try the steps above?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:25:33 PM by hankster »

Offline mvignola29

• KCTSEYMO7
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 03:55:46 PM »
Yes I did try to update the picture and other setting on that page. At the bottom of the page is a dialog box for with a message for Approver. I enter into that box "Please update the pictures for my site". I have already uploaded the picture and they are displayed in a capture box. The problem is the button to Submit all approvals is greyed out and you can not select it. I was able to make various choices for pictures and categories. I do get an approval box that the image is ready for submittal but the button being grayed out will not permit me to submit the changes. I have email this situation to Support various times but have not had any reply. 

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 05:29:08 PM »
The only I can think is that photos i must be at least 950px wide. It may just be a temp problem with WU or maybe try a different browser.

Offline mvignola29

• KCTSEYMO7
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 05:49:31 PM »
Believe it or not, I was able to get it to work by selecting the Chrome Browser. I am a Mac user and always use Safari as my browser. I really never use anything else. I enter the edit page on WU using the Chrome Browser and now the submit button is available and was able to update the site with a picture of my weather station. All seems fine now
Thank you for your time and for replying to my problem. I would have never though it was a browser issue.

I assume at some point the old station may be deleted but at this point I can update the new station

Thanks Again

Michael

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 07:01:37 PM »
now the submit button is available and was able to update the site with a picture of my weather station. All seems fine now

Wow, I'm envious. Have been trying unsuccessfully to upload a pic of my wx station for months now. After selecting an image, the status bar progresses and then nothing, no preview, no upload. Maybe you do have to pay for this privilege? :roll:
Bill

Offline mvignola29

• KCTSEYMO7
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 07:06:13 PM »
Maybe you can try another browser like Google Chrome. I was very surprised that the Safari did cause the problem. I have never had any other problems in using Safari

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2016, 08:56:12 PM »
Believe it or not, I was able to get it to work by selecting the Chrome Browser. I am a Mac user and always use Safari as my browser. I really never use anything else. I enter the edit page on WU using the Chrome Browser and now the submit button is available and was able to update the site with a picture of my weather station. All seems fine now
Thank you for your time and for replying to my problem. I would have never though it was a browser issue.

I assume at some point the old station may be deleted but at this point I can update the new station

Thanks Again

Michael

Glad you got it working. I've had a decommissioned station still listed after 2 years.

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 07:03:31 AM »
Maybe you can try another browser like Google Chrome. I was very surprised that the Safari did cause the problem. I have never had any other problems in using Safari

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that but unfortunately no luck. Oh well...
Bill

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »
I'm curious why WU won't let you delete a weather station. :?
The only reason I can think of is they can gloat about having X number of weather stations on their network.

Offline mvignola29

• KCTSEYMO7
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 08:10:16 AM »
I agree that would seems once a station is not reporting any data for a period of time they should permit a deletion process. I have read that other users have had stations that were disable for over 2 years and they still have not been deleted. There database of stations must have many stations that are not really there. Another frustration is that if you send their support team email requesting help, they never reply
It is amazing

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 09:51:05 AM »
Make sure you are logged into WU

Go to https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCOTABER1

On the right side click the MY PWS link

On your station list click the Gear on the right and click EDIT

You will find the place to change your web site location.

Thank you Hankster. \:D/  I knew it would be easier and quicker getting an answer here than from WU.  ](*,)

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

anything