Author Topic: WU new Dashboard  (Read 1232 times)

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
WU new Dashboard
« on: January 28, 2014, 11:46:18 AM »
Has anyone else been having trouble with the new Dashboard on WU, or is it just me?  For some reason my current temperatures and feels like temperature on the regular current conditions view read 5.1° and -6° with 6 mph wind.   When I switch to the new Dashboard view, the temperature still shows as 5.1°, 6 mph wind but a feels like temperature of 32°.  I have noticed that when there is no wind, things are fine, but when wind joins the equation, the feels like temperature is always 32°.  I recently upgrade my station to a VP2 Plus with 24 hour FARS.  I never looked at the new Dashboard view while the old station was running. 

Any suggestions?

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline GaryStofer

• Mt Shasta on clouds
    • DIY WunderWeatherStation
Re: WU new Dashboard
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 01:09:26 PM »
I have noticed similar inconsistencies and I really dislike the fact that the charts are not visible in that display. If I wanted a forecast display I would go to the forecast section.

Also the green flashing of the temp and wind vane is annoying.

I have asked them for years to go to a non flash based display, but I'm not liking what I see. (mostly commercials )

Gary

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »
The latest beta WU dashboard is running now. I actually like the historic graphs and tables. http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KAZPAGE1#history/graphs
Randy

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:04:12 PM »
Like the graphs but they're lacking UV and solar data. Also noticed my leaf wetness soil moisture and soil temperature readings cut out since the update. Before they worked. I would also like to see those graphed but thinking of how few stations actually report leaf and soil data don't see that being a priority to add to graphs.
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 08:23:12 PM »
Again, I think they short change the owners from which they are getting their data

It takes a while for me to find who owns it and the website of my station. 

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline dendrite

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »
At first glance it appears you can now delete individual data variables without deleting the entire observation. Looks like you can mass edit too which will save some time. Maybe I'll actually have the motivation to go back and edit out some haywired dewpoint obs from a few years ago now.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:28:30 PM by dendrite »