Author Topic: Wrong time zone being used for my weather station  (Read 3019 times)

Offline wxman2003

Wrong time zone being used for my weather station
« on: September 06, 2013, 12:42:37 AM »
Just started today, but my time zone has been switched to GMT instead of CDT as it previously was set. So now my data has been shifted 5 hours ahead. So for instance, currently it is the 5th at 1140 pm CDT, but the data for that hour is listed at 0440 am on the 6th. And to top it all off, WU changed their interface on editing your site, and you can not select your time zone. I have sent them an email. My site is KSDSIOUX20.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Wrong time zone being used for my weather station
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:44:27 AM »
It seems the only Settings now available are in Webcams (where you can set timezone) and Email and Password, and I am pretty sure previously their was a station Settings where you could enter some things such as Station Status. 

I have sent them an email
Please let us know what you hear back from WU.

Paul

Offline wxman2003

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 02:11:17 PM »
Still no response. Data is being saved on WU, but since the time is using GMT and not CDT, the data is not being displayed on WU map. My computer and station is on correct time. Also instead of my station elevation being 1500 feet, it shows it as 0 feet even though the lat/lon is correct.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:41:19 PM by wxman2003 »

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »
I get this It does appear that something is not right

Offline wxman2003

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 05:16:38 PM »
Here are what mine look like

Offline wxman2003

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 03:38:07 PM »
2 days now, and still the time is off by 5 hours. Messing up all my tabular data. One would think their software could automatically figure out time zone and elevation based on lat/lon. So at 7 pm everyday local time, the next day starts for me. One would think they would test the software before making changes to the station edit interface. I made the mistake of editing the station info to add the type of vegetation and height of station above ground. Minute I did that, my station elevation went to zero, and my time zone disappeared and defaulted to GMT time. And no way to edit either one!  =D>
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 03:52:04 PM by wxman2003 »

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 06:17:28 PM »
I see that you are sending data via Acu-link.com  is it possible the wrong info is being sent from that location?

Offline wxman2003

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »
I see that you are sending data via Acu-link.com  is it possible the wrong info is being sent from that location?

I guess that is a possibility, but the problem arose when I made minor adjustments to my site info on WU. When I look at my info on WU the lat/lon is correct, so it should know the time zone. WU uses google maps to locate your address and thus determine your elevation and time zone. Again the lat/lon is correct on WU, but not time or elevation. I should be at 1500 feet but WU shows me at zero feet. Prior to their interface update a few days ago you could adjust your station lat/lon, time zone, etc on WU, now you cant. So my guess is something with the way they use google maps is messed up.  I did send a message to acurite too. I checked the settings on my aculink and location and time zone are correct. I even rebooted it a few times to make sure.