Author Topic: Wilmingtonwx placefile website status...  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
Wilmingtonwx placefile website status...
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:34:33 PM »
Just got this off of the GRLevelX Owner's Forum from Brandon. Posted at 8:38 am, Saturday, May 20th, 2017.

All,

I'm in a very tough spot right now regarding my host, lighting accounts, communicating with users, in addition to various personal things. As many of you know, one of my servers was hacked earlier this year and although that server was restored and the immediate issue is resolved, I'm still feeling the ripple effects. As a result of the virus, my sever sent thousands upon thousands of emails to my WilmingtonwWx domain google apps addresses and as a result, my servers IP was added to their spam blacklist filters. To add to this, when my host reloaded my server, they neglected to verify if outgoing mail was setup and they are currently painfully slow getting back to me. On top of all of this, I have immediate term personal issues I must deal with that are not making this already tedious situation easier. I've had multiple users cancel their lightning subscriptions due to lack of communication/account activation and until my host resolves these 2 issues, I'm in quite a helpless spot. If they don't credit me for their mistake here, considering the lost lightning revenue, I'm unsure as to whether I can keep the site public beyond late this year. The hacking earlier this year took a very heavy toll and it seems my efforts are not being reflected through donations or simply even thanks. Should I be left with no choice to switch hosts for more timely support, the site will surely go offline. I'll continue to update on this issue.

Thanks - Brandon

Ken - Feel free to move this if needed for others to see that don't have access to the GRLevelX Forum.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:36:17 PM by sacreyweather »
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Wilmingtonwx placefile website status...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 01:22:36 PM »
Moved as a new topic, and original thread with delete request was deleted.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything