Author Topic: How do I get my Bloomsky cam showing on Weathet Underground?  (Read 5377 times)

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
How do I get my Bloomsky cam showing on Weathet Underground?
« on: March 04, 2016, 05:30:03 PM »
Set up an account on Weather Underground and needs to wait a day for it to active.

Now how do I get my Bloomsky cam showing with my Bloomsky weather station and my other weathet underground station?

Offline waysta

• Contributor
Re: How do I get my Bloomsky cam showing on Weathet Underground?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »
The new WU station should set up right away without waiting long.  Then go to bloomsky.com/wun and enter your WU names for the bloomsky WU station and webcam (ftp).  All that might come online in minutes.

Once your bloomsky WU page shows your bloomsky image, right click the image to get the WU URL (should have the word ramdisk somewhere in the URL)

Then make another WU webcam under your WU webcam page.  This time make a URL webcam with the above URL.  This one might take several days to get approved.  On the webcam setup page, link this URL webcam to your other WU station.

Offline Dennis Rogers

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 06:00:00 PM »
Sounds to complex to me.

Offline waysta

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 08:09:00 PM »
The first setup is not too bad.  After you use the mobile to do the initial Bloom Sky setup, the Bloom Sky server "knows" your unit's number.  When you sign up at bloomsky/wun, it populates that number for you.

My BloomSky WU station is acting up a bit.  It might be a WU issue.  It used to be, the BloomSky pic showed on the front page with the data graphs.  However, now the first page shows some old dark image all day.  But, if I click on that image, WU goes to the latest ftp webcam pic.  Odd.

Also, my second station (which uses the WU URL webcam) shows the updated pic on the front page of my RainWise station.  That was originally my main goal, so it's just another glitch, not a terrible problem.

Offline kc2kzz

• Solitude Village Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 11:48:06 AM »
Is anyone else seeing a difference in the UV index on the bloomsky page vs wunderground?  Bloomsky is telling me the UV index is 1 (considering it is cloudy at the moment, I agree with), but on wunderground it is showing 6.

I am also using weather display (using the wunderground stationless api setup) and the Solar is constantly flip flopping between 0 W/m2 and around 1200-1400 (I don't know if this is normal or not).

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 07:21:04 PM »
My BloomSky device failed a couple weeks ago and therefore quit uploading to Weather Underground, and WU was quick on letting me know it was not uploading.  I received the replacement device on Friday and got it working again.  Today I went in to the BloomSky WU site and reset the device with the WU account.  Within 5 minutes I got an email from WU saying my station resumed sending data \:D/ 

Now to see how quickly I can get the webcam image to show up on my WU site IONTARIO1189

Paul

Offline kc2kzz

• Solitude Village Weather
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 08:37:35 AM »
I found that it is worth setting up the bloomsky on wunderground just for the station offline notification if nothing else.  Mine was hosed up last week and I had to power cycle it.  If it wasn't for WU, I wouldn't have known.