Author Topic: Success! OEM DS-2CD2085FWD-I 2.8mm Hikvision 4K  (Read 570 times)

Offline Wingfat

• First Born Atomic Generation
Success! OEM DS-2CD2085FWD-I 2.8mm Hikvision 4K
« on: June 01, 2020, 03:46:44 PM »

I am sharing what I have learned so far about a Hikvision OEM 4K Camera. It is an unbranded DS-2CD2085FWD-I 2.8mm which is available at a great price.. you know where.

For backround I use the fantastic Sarasota Template by Ken at https://saratoga-weather.org/ and Jerry Wilkins of SE Lincoln Weather Scripts at https://www.gwwilkins.org/gwwScripts.php. Meteobridge is used to process data and move it to my web site.

I'm replacing a Ubiquiti G3 which seems to be dull. This may be due to the south Florida sun staring directly into the lens for several years. The prices of these "OEM" units is allowing me to check out the 4K universe. The specs and software features seem identical to the more expensive USA official units.

I wanted to stream video and simultaneously produce snaphots which are processed by meteobridge with a nice overlay of data.

To view video on the web I needed to use HTTP and not the raw RTSP feed which is output from the camera. This is tricky and many folks have come up with novel solutions. I was looking for a solution which did not rely on PC solutions. I found a free service called RTSP.ME which takes the rtsp feed URL from the camera (open the router port 554) and displays the video on any HTTP browser.

The more difficult part is getting a snapshot directly from the camera. All knows URLs did not work including the entire iSPY database of URLs.

I thought I would have to return the camera.

After contacting the supplier he sent the attached PDF with some hints.

For reference- (assume admin is username = default)
Snapshots:  http://admin:Password@LOCALIP:80/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/1/picture
Video:         URL entered at RTSP.ME is rtsp://admin:PASSWORD@IP:554/image.mpg

The 4K weather video/snapshot is live (more or less) at http://parkviewx.com   http://parkviewx.com/wx_RSTPME.php

Camera specs:UltraHD 4K (8MP) PoE Turret IP Camera Outdoor, 2.8mm Lens, 3840×2160, 98ft Night Vision, H.265+, IP67, MicroSD Storage, EXIR Network Security Camera

N.B. Rained yesterday @1" with 35mph gusts... camera is now foggy/hazy. Outside lens clean and dry... reboot not helpful. Replacement on order. Because I never learn I will try again.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 02:03:04 PM by Wingfat »
No Longer operational
Davis Vantage Pro v2
Wireless Anemometer Transmitter
Meteobridge NANO-SD
Formally Parkviewx.com

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: Success! OEM DS-2CD2085FWD-I 2.8mm Hikvision 4K
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 04:30:21 PM »
I would loved to read more, but none of your links are valid except for the attached pictures.

And, despite your confidence in my clairvoyance I really couldn't see the 'you know where' in the tea leaves to know where to go to look for such a device.

Amazon?  eBay?  Walmart?  Give me a wee bit of a clue, please.

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Wingfat

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 04:44:25 PM »
The only links that are working are to my website. The other URLs are sample URLs shown to explain the format required.

I don't know if site policy allows me to say where exactly I purchased from. Think Jungles. :)
No Longer operational
Davis Vantage Pro v2
Meteobridge NANO-SD
Formally Parkviewx.com

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 07:33:08 PM »
That helps, thanks.

I didn't know the schema of the formatted links you were implying.

I don't know for sure, but have seen numerous postings where exact links pointing to commercial sites were posted and no comments about not doing so.

the administrator would have to answer for sure, but in general, transparency is embraced and links to places to obtain stuff that others have interest in not only makes sense but also cuts down on  a lot of back and forth and frustrations.

In your search for a camera, did you run across any or software that allowed them to be completely self contained?  That is, all software runs entirely on your computer or within the camera, emulating a web page or such?  I know many want to stream their stuff to a web page, and I get that.  There are those of us who really want to see a selection of cameras just on their own LAN, for security or just because we don't want to take up a lot of bandwidth loading images or streams which few if any others than the owner has an interest in. 

I have an aging Axis camera (maybe a 214 or something like that, which takes an IP address from my LAN and becomes a web page.  I just go to that address, a nice page comes up on my browser and I can see the image and do the camera controls from that page.  No sending over the internet to anyone else, no one else can see it (better for my security cameras) and if I want to, I can post an image capture to my public weather page.  This, to me, is the height of flexibility and configuration.   Some of the IP cameras I've tried from several manufacturers require you to send your image to them, taking up bandwidth, and then you have to go to their web site to see your own info.  I get their design decision, but it is not only wasteful but represents a security risk in my mind.

Oh, well.  Thanks for your progress reports and story of success.  These new very high resolution and improved dynamic range cameras are very interesting.

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Wingfat

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 07:52:13 PM »
I believe the program Blue Iris is like a virtual NVR - Network Video Recorder. It allows you to see many simultaneous feeds from your lan and manipulate video settings.
No Longer operational
Davis Vantage Pro v2
Meteobridge NANO-SD
Formally Parkviewx.com

anything