Author Topic: WS 1001 won't connect to console  (Read 518 times)

Offline Weather4me

WS 1001 won't connect to console
« on: May 22, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »
I thought the lithium batteries were dead so I replaced them. After that I can't get the sensor to connect to the console. I put them close together, reset the sensor, repowered the console in different combination and it won't connect. The led on the sensor array flashes fast all the time and will only stop if holding in the reset button.

Offline Weather4me

Re: WS 1001 won't connect to console
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 02:04:41 PM »
Hmm no ideas?

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 04:50:21 PM »
On my WS 1001 clone the instructions say you have to use the reset button (press and hold) with the batteries out.  (And maybe the solar array covered I can't remember).

Offline Weather4me

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 10:40:16 AM »
Thanks. I tried all that but the light just flashes fast and it won't connect.

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 02:07:14 PM »
Well I'm no expert but I remember mine only ever flashed with a slow steady pulse even after resets over the months.  I think you aren't supposed to have them too close for the radio connection to work properly.  Read up here about exactly what the batteries are, they are not 1.5v for instance.   

Offline Weather4me

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 07:19:28 PM »
Thanks. Yes on mine the light only flashes fast when it has batteries. I tried next to the console and further way and it never connects. I've been running the lithium batteries for a couple of years. it was a year since I put the last set end so I figured the batteries were just bad again. I replaced them but it will not connect.

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 03:38:31 PM »
Maybe some parts of your station are as poorly made as mine.  :sad:  I'm still waiting for parts for repairs to mine but the writing is on the wall..  If you can afford it and are interested, have a look at the Ecowitt threads here.  I suppose in the end, the life of anything depends on the continuing quality of the support of the product but I'm impressed so far and I think I will be buying a new station at some point soon.

Offline Weather4me

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 04:01:10 PM »
I am not too disappointed since I have had it in operation for about 5 years. I wish it lasted longer but I decided to purchase a new Ambient 2000 station.

anything