Author Topic: Newbie here. Davis Vantage Vue => Wunderground?  (Read 434 times)

Offline Slowman

Newbie here. Davis Vantage Vue => Wunderground?
« on: January 19, 2020, 08:56:55 PM »
I'm sure you all have gotten this question a thousand times, and answered it that many times.  I apologize in advance.  I haven't found it in the sticky threads or the first few pages of this thread.

I'm up and running with a Davis Vantage Vue.  Including the display.  the console.  t's all working.  My sense is that there's probably a piece of hardware I'm missing, as it appears there's no wifi signal currently sent by the Davis weather station proper or the console.

Complicating matters (maybe), I'm on a Mac, OS 10.13.6.  I do have a windows laptop, which I wouldn't use for this, but if that's what's needed to upload firmware then I can do that.  (I don't really want to run a Windows emulation on my Mac.)

I made a Weatherlink account.  I'm just pretty sure there's a device I'm missing.  I see Davis's "data collection" devices, but I don't want a device to collect data.  Seems to me that's a job for software.  I see a "Serial Data Logger" and that appears closer.  Maybe?  But it sort of seems to me the Vantage Vue Console should have that capacity.  By itself.

In any case, what I'm looking for is how to get the data from my console to Weatherlink, and I don't understand why this should be a Mac/Windows question (as it seems to be on the front page of this forum) if Weatherlink is a web-based, server-side, web-interface product.  Which it seems to me to be.

As you see, I'm mighty confused.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
Re: Newbie here. Davis Vantage Vue => Wunderground?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 10:01:35 PM »
an IP data logger or the new weather link live is what you need to get data to weatherlink.com
or a USB data logger if you want to run software on your mac so that you can then update wunderground

anything