Author Topic: Interwarn really gone?  (Read 2999 times)

Offline ka8scp

• Westford MA Weather
    • KA8SCP's Weather Page
Interwarn really gone?
« on: May 20, 2019, 09:29:49 AM »
I saw this post of the StormLabs Facebook account:

Feb. 15, 2019
It is with great regret that we will be closing our virtual doors in the upcoming months. With the constant changes with NWS servers, expensive programmers, authors unwilling to update, and a dwindling PC base with more and more users going mobile only, it has been difficult to maintain. We had hoped for a subscription but those of you who frequent this page replied with a resounding no, thank you. We got the message. Please be aware that a good portion of the software  will continue to work, but many of you may want to look for alternatives.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: Interwarn really gone?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 12:12:55 PM »
I would guess so. I stopped with their most excellent program when the author and site owner made reference to my questions in such a way  that one would assume I am a complete idiot.  i am not that, partial idiot but not complete.   So I told myself that I had been thrown out of better places and discontinued service.

I guess the best answer would be to send an email to the site owner and programmer and whatever else he is and ask him directly.  I am positive he won't call you a complete idiot, that title was reserved for me.

sadly, in its prime it was the Grand Prix of weather warning apps.

Evan Bookbinder  is the main guy.

I checked on down.com   and they say:Down! Looks like http:// www.interwarn.com is offline.

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 10:00:46 PM »
Does anyone know where you can get a specific map (in my case, Ohio) with watches, warnings and advisories that update automatically and that have a legend to show what all of the pretty colors represent, that can be used on my web site? It is at oh.x.net if you care to look. Thanks!

Don in Ohio

Offline twcmaster

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 10:50:36 PM »
Does anyone know where you can get a specific map (in my case, Ohio) with watches, warnings and advisories that update automatically and that have a legend to show what all of the pretty colors represent, that can be used on my web site? It is at oh.x.net if you care to look. Thanks!

Don in Ohio
HI Don,

I (and many others) use a fantastic program called WeatherMessage for warnings and while I don't use the map feature, I believe it should do what you are looking for. The program and developer are both awesome and it is well worth every penny.

https://www.weathermessage.com/Products/WeatherWeatherAlerting/WeatherMessage.aspx

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 03:29:17 PM »
Hi twcmaster, and thank you for your reply to my question. By chance could you post some screen shots of your program in operation, or better yet, point me in the direction needed to see it in operation on your web site (if it is). Thank you again!