Author Topic: Odd, station not reporting error...  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
Odd, station not reporting error...
« on: July 02, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
I walked through this afternoon and spotted a screen up on the Cumulus station's laptop.  It's probably been a month or two since I had been on the laptop so I walked over and the error light was blinking.  Seems it was giving me a "station not reporting".  I caught it about 10 minutes after the first error.  Naturally, panic hits.  Deer in the headlight look. :shock: The whole nine yards...

I looked at the console and all looked well there.  Connections looked ok.  Seriously, Cumulus runs so smoothly, that I hadn't even messed with this computer in so long that I actually forgot how long it's been.  ;)   Well, it said to check all my connections so I walk out to the ISS and check all the connections and roll the battery in it's holder (make sure it's got good contact).  When I come back in the error is still persisting.

I then used all of my enormous computer knowlege and did the only thing that could possibly help...I rebooted the computer.  :P   Well, that didn't go smoothly.  The small window that comes up and says "Cumulus is shutting down.  This make take several minutes."  (or at least something to that effect)...came up.  But, it just stayed there hung.  I finally closed the window through task manager (I think).

It then rebooted and all is right with www.beeweather.com again. :)  The only thing I can think up (using all that enormous computer knowlege of mine!<grin>) is that some buffers somewhere (maybe for USB?) got full or something from being up and running for so long without a restart or reboot.

Anyhow, just thought I'd mention this and see if anybody had some feedback.

Ed

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Odd, station not reporting error...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 12:15:37 AM »
I've had that happen only once before and the reboot took care of it. Happened recently in fact, I guess we should do a reboot every few months just so things keep running smoothly. 
Randy

anything