Author Topic: WANTED: Royalty-free lightning video + inputs for BO Presentation  (Read 848 times)

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
WANTED: Royalty-free lightning video + inputs for BO Presentation
« on: September 15, 2014, 04:21:57 PM »
I am starting to put together a presentation for the Blitzortung system that can be used by anyone. The first one will be a simple Power Point presentation with an opening short video with some bright lightning flashes and thunder. That will then transition to the current Blitzortung logo. Past that, there will be a description of what the Blitzortung system is, it's history and some basics with graphics and how to get involved.

Any additional ideas for items to be included in the presentation would be greatly appreciated. I already have a copy of the official Blitzortung presentation that Egon and Tobi gave a while back (it's in German) but, for my purposes, I think it is a bit too technical. I am looking at something that will generate interest in all kinds of users, not just techies. Once completed, I will make it available to everyone on this forum so they can show it within there own spheres of influence.

So, let the ideas begin to roll-in. Please post them in this thread.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline corwyyn

• Forecaster
  • Far, far east Mesa, AZ
    • Sleeping Saguaros Weather  Mesa, AZ
Re: WANTED: Royalty-free lightning video + inputs for BO Presentation
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 02:03:29 AM »
Don, is there any particular type of lightning you're looking for video of, i.e. C-G, C-C, intracloud or just whatever?  Looks like I'll have an opportunity to try and get some with this tropical system moving thru the area, there are some storms with nice lightning moving across to my south right now and probably much more tomorrow and later this week.  Also do you want VGA or HD?  Any other particulars feel free to post up.
Kevin
AD5VG
Blitzortung station 1042

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: WANTED: Royalty-free lightning video + inputs for BO Presentation
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 11:32:09 AM »
Don, is there any particular type of lightning you're looking for video of, i.e. C-G, C-C, intracloud or just whatever?  Looks like I'll have an opportunity to try and get some with this tropical system moving thru the area, there are some storms with nice lightning moving across to my south right now and probably much more tomorrow and later this week.  Also do you want VGA or HD?  Any other particulars feel free to post up.

No, just something that I can use to begin the presentation with that grabs the viewers attention. Something like a dark night and then some nearby lightning bolts that light-up the screen along with some thunder too, if possible. It only needs to be a few seconds of lightning. Nothing fancy but a nighttime bolt would be great. Since the opening will be quite brief, I don't think it matters what the resolution is but HD might be more effective. I plan to display the video on a projection screen of some kind. All of this is still in my head at the moment and bouncing around in the voids up there...  :lol:
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849