Author Topic: extra sensors data?  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
extra sensors data?
« on: December 10, 2017, 09:31:50 AM »
Can anyone tell me how i view the extra sensors that i have for my VP2? Cumulus shows the current temps but not the high/low.

Thanks

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: extra sensors data?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:41:26 AM »
Would this be helpful?  http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Extra_Sensor_Files

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:02:10 AM »

Enjoy,
Paul

I don't see anything about high/lows of the extra sensors. I would like to see the all time high/low for extra sensors without looking at a bunch of txt files.

Cumuls does this for the standard sensors by going to View - Highs and Lows - All time

Thanks for your help.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 10:34:00 AM »

Enjoy,
Paul

I don't see anything about high/lows of the extra sensors. I would like to see the all time high/low for extra sensors without looking at a bunch of txt files.

Cumuls does this for the standard sensors by going to View - Highs and Lows - All time

Thanks for your help.

Steve the designer of Cumulus is retired. Extra sensors was never advanced beyond what you see. If it's something you need take a look at WD (Weather Display) it may have what you need.
Randy

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 10:47:23 AM »

Enjoy,
Paul

Thanks for your help.

Steve the designer of Cumulus is retired. Extra sensors was never advanced beyond what you see. If it's something you need take a look at WD (Weather Display) it may have what you need.

Retired really? I've always liked Cumulus it's just missing a few things. I've heard of WD but always thought Cumulus looked better.

Can i have the best of both worlds and run Cumulus and WD? I feel like i will loose years of weather data if i jump ship.

Thanks for the help.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »
Yes retired. Blog his wife keeps has them in Spain currently.  They may have sold the UK home for RV and traveling throughout Europe.
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 11:48:43 AM »
I don't see anything about high/lows of the extra sensors. I would like to see the all time high/low for extra sensors without looking at a bunch of txt files
You would need to write some script or program to read your data files or from having the extra sensor data files into a MySQL database.

Once the data is there, lots of things can be done.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 12:58:24 PM »
I don't see anything about high/lows of the extra sensors. I would like to see the all time high/low for extra sensors without looking at a bunch of txt files
You would need to write some script or program to read your data files or from having the extra sensor data files into a MySQL database.

Once the data is there, lots of things can be done.

Enjoy,
Paul

That's way over my head. Does WD have it?

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »
No it doesn't, as its not something that is requested very often, but it could be added

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 01:48:24 PM »
No it doesn't, as its not something that is requested very often, but it could be added

I guess i am the only one that wants to know the max/low temp for other locations.  ](*,)

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 02:41:37 PM »
when you say other locations do you mean extra temp/sensors located at different locations around your house/yard etc?

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 03:04:54 PM »
when you say other locations do you mean extra temp/sensors located at different locations around your house/yard etc?

Yes like the crawl space, i have trouble with freezing pipes. The garage etc.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 03:24:45 PM »
weather display does have good support for extra temperture data
i.e you can graph that data in a number of ways and there is daily hi /lo (and time) custom tags for those sensors and you can view that data in the program too
and actually, just checking,  there is also custom tags for the all time record for extra temp data too
e.g
%recordhighextratemp1%
etc
:)

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »
weather display does have good support for extra temperture data
i.e you can graph that data in a number of ways and there is daily hi /lo (and time) custom tags for those sensors and you can view that data in the program too
and actually, just checking,  there is also custom tags for the all time record for extra temp data too
e.g
%recordhighextratemp1%
etc
:)

That's sounds great looks like WD has more of learning curve there are so many options.

Since i can't use Cumulus and WD at the same time can i use WD all day but open cumulus once a day just to keep logs up to date? I'm not sure how that works.

Thanks for your help.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »
if you exited WD at that time, that would work

Offline Tazz 316

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 09:04:00 AM »
I think i found the extra sensor data. If you go to view - extra data logs - load. Only thing is there are two log files one called dec17log and extralog201712.

The dec17log has data for a bunch of sensors that i do not even have but the extralog201712 shows the temps for my one extra sensor for this month.

You would have to look at 12 months to find the high/low.

anything