Author Topic: sequential naming of movies?  (Read 4649 times)

Offline piconut

• Juggler Extraordinaire
  • Forecaster
    • South Austin Weather
sequential naming of movies?
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:14:20 PM »
I've just purchased Image Salsa and Movie Salsa and I've got things running but I'm trying to figure out how to do something which is probably obvious but I can't seem to find it.  Currently, I have Movie Salsa Scheduler creating a time lapse move every hour (for the images that day) and then I use VWS to upload that movie.  I want each daily movie to be saved too (like incrementing the movie name or something like that) but since the movie has the same name, it gets over written each time, each day.  Is there a setting for this?  I'm not a programmer and if it requires scripting I'm not sure I would have any clue as where to start.

I hope somebody out there is already doing something like this and can help.

Thanks...

Scott in Austin, Texas

It's still in the beginning stages but this is what I have so far (it's not pretty):  http://weather.robuck.net/images/webcam/

• Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
  • Virtual VP
  • Virtual Weather Station V15.00
  • Cumulus
  • Cumulus MX
  • Image Salsa
  • IP TimeLapse

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: sequential naming of movies?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 12:55:10 AM »
Movie Salsa has post-processing capability that will allow you to call a command file (batch file) to do just what you want to do.

I have a batch file that changes the filename to one that is something like "cam01-yyyymmddhhmm.wmv". Unfortunately, my weather computer is down and I can't get to the files at the moment. I can post them once I get the system back up but it may be a few days before that happens. My ACER netbook has died on me and I'm looking for a new laptop to replace it.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:59:39 AM by W3DRM »
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline piconut

• Juggler Extraordinaire
  • Forecaster
    • South Austin Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 08:52:26 AM »
good luck on getting your computer running again!  I'll watch this post for your script once you get it running.  Thanks!
  • Virtual VP
  • Cumulus
  • Cumulus MX
  • Image Salsa
  • IP TimeLapse

Offline piconut

• Juggler Extraordinaire
  • Forecaster
    • South Austin Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 11:47:28 PM »
Movie Salsa has post-processing capability that will allow you to call a command file (batch file) to do just what you want to do.

I have a batch file that changes the filename to one that is something like "cam01-yyyymmddhhmm.wmv". Unfortunately, my weather computer is down and I can't get to the files at the moment. I can post them once I get the system back up but it may be a few days before that happens. My ACER netbook has died on me and I'm looking for a new laptop to replace it.

Hi W3DRM...

Were you able to get your system running again?  If so, I would really appreciate a copy of the script you mentioned for MovieSalsa!

Thanks...

Scott

PS.   I just replaced my 14 year old weather station laptop with a 3 year old used Dell e5500 laptop and everything is running smoothly!   I got it used for $200.
  • Virtual VP
  • Cumulus
  • Cumulus MX
  • Image Salsa
  • IP TimeLapse