Author Topic: 6 or 12v converter to 5 volts  (Read 2335 times)

Offline AlanD96

Re: 6 or 12v converter to 5 volts
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2020, 11:29:26 AM »
I've never seen my T flash or disappear. It will just sit for about 5 minutes with no bars, and then suddenly they will start to reappear. I had the same problem when beta testing, and I shared what was happening but no comments were ever made about it that I recall.

Wow, so this has been going on since Beta testing!   

I mentioned it to a support person a week ago who had no clue about the problem, just suggested to change the a,b,c switch, which I did and of course no change. 

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2020, 04:57:56 PM »
I have had 3 different Atlas sensors. The beta model was the best of the lot. The second Atlas I got would not work on the Access when the sun went down, but worked perfectly on the display, never losing signal. The current and third Atlas I am using works great with the Access, but drops off frequently on the display, and the bars go away for around 5 minutes and then come back again. Rinse and repeat.

Offline AlanD96

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2020, 11:13:03 AM »
Doctor --

As I'm typing this reply to you, my Atlas display shows NO bars and no signal.   Let's see how long before they come back.   Hold on, lol.

OK, back to full bars.  Let's see, it was six minutes this time before it 'recovered'

This is so strange, but it happens just like this every day.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2020, 01:20:24 PM »
It's like the display memory is full, and it has to write over old data before it can resume... Just my thoughts. While this occurs, it stops receiving data. Opinions?

Offline hdtvluvr

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2020, 02:00:03 PM »
EDIT
Well, I continue to have issues with both displays.  One display (call it A) has missed 2 complete rain events in the last 9 days.  And when you look at either display to see what the temp is outside you also have to look at the signal bars.  If they are gone then you know the temp reading could be several hours old.  Not very useful.

I'm getting very frustrated with this.

BTW, I never got around to doing the battery modification. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 02:52:01 PM by hdtvluvr »