Author Topic: CoCoRaHS Coordinator Discussion Area  (Read 5341 times)

Offline wxtech

• Weather Equipment Technician
  • Forecaster
  • USAF Weather Equipment Maintenance Tech (retired)
    • Lexington, Ga. Weather
CoCoRaHS Coordinator Discussion Area
« on: October 15, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »
All interested in CoCoRaHS are invited to join discussions relating to CoCoRaHS county or regional coordinator duties and advice.  On the Peach State Weather Talk fourm http://www.peachweb.net/bb  Some topics are: getting publicity, rain gauges, inactive observers, need for daily reports, privacy.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:04:15 PM by wxtech »
Al Washington, Lexington, Ga.,  NWS Coop station=LXTG1, Fischer Porter, SRG, MMTS. 
CoCoRaHS=GA-OG-1. CWOP=CW2074.  Davis VP2+ WLIP 5.9.2, VP(original) serial, VWS v15.00 p02. ImageSalsa, Win7 & Win8 all-in-one.

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
Re: CoCoRaHS Coordinator Discussion Area
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 06:35:40 PM »
Nice job!  Looks like you are struggling with similar issues as we are in Illinois. CoCoRaHS is a great program and our observers have provided some very valuable data during recent flooding. Best of luck.

Bill
IL Regional CoCoRaHS Coordinator
Bill

rikostan

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 11:52:46 AM »
How do you become a coordinator? I notice there isn't a lot of activity in my area, but our coordinator is in Buffalo almost 150 miles away.

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 02:56:35 PM »
How do you become a coordinator? I notice there isn't a lot of activity in my area, but our coordinator is in Buffalo almost 150 miles away.

I would contact your state coordinator listed here and mention your interest in becoming a county coordinator. I can't speak for NY but I'm sure that they would be happy to hear from you as we in Illinois are always looking for local county coordinators.

Best of luck.
Bill
Bill

rikostan

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 04:49:28 PM »
I actually spoke with our state coordinator at the training class today. She is going to send me the info sometime this weekend.

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 07:50:10 AM »
I actually spoke with our state coordinator at the training class today. She is going to send me the info sometime this weekend

Have you received any more information, and have you decided to volunteer your services?

Davis VP2 (6163), WL 5.9.0..  VWS 14.01 p25, Panasonic HM371A camera. WU & W4U KORCANBY3, CoCoRaHS OR-CC-27

rikostan

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 03:58:33 AM »
She suggested I hold off until Spring. At the time of the class I had only been reporting data for a few weeks, so she was hesitant to to offer anything. We have reported every day though and my interest hasn't waned at all, so probably in the early Spring I will pick up the duties. There are only 4 of us  in my county, so she said she might give me a couple of counties to take care of.