Author Topic: Vantage Pro2 Stopped Displaying Data...Need Help Troubleshooting  (Read 706 times)

Offline ARAMP1

Like the title says, WeatherLink just stopped showing my local data.  The network is working, the app is working.  I can see info on other weather stations, but mine is blank.  I just replaced the C123 onboard battery but that didn't help.  Is there any way to reset the device?  Power off then back on?  Any suggestions welcome.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 11:58:44 PM by ARAMP1 »

Offline N0NB

• Amateur weather observer
  • Contributor
    • N0NB.us
Re: Vantage Pro2 Stopped Displaying Data...Need Help Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 05:04:48 AM »
I have a brand new ISS transmitter that went offline last night just after sundown.  It has been in service about six weeks.  It was too cold at -8F to do anything with it last night and probably will remain too cold for the next several days.  According to the signal quality graph it had some issues over the prior 24 hours and just finally decayed to 0.  The old transmitter would just die like it was shut off and then come back up at 95% quality at random.  It looks like I'll be making a warranty claim.  Sigh.   :-(

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 06:12:52 AM »
If you loose connection at night, Battery in the ISS is the first port of call or the Super capacitor is done.  Failing that interference from the iss to console could stop transmission of signal.

How far away is the iss from console and is it in line of sight?
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 06:14:29 AM »
Can this be isolated to the ISS proper? What type of screen/console is being used? Any other second device to check the signal? Any chance the conditions/environment in conjunction with say signal distance etc is combining? 

Offline ARAMP1

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2024, 12:00:51 PM »
If you loose connection at night, Battery in the ISS is the first port of call or the Super capacitor is done.  Failing that interference from the iss to console could stop transmission of signal.

How far away is the iss from console and is it in line of sight?
My ISS is about 30 feet away from my tower, which is plugged in via ethernet.  It's not line of sight, but it has been working fine for about a year up until now. 

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2024, 04:10:22 PM »
My ISS is about 30 feet away from my tower, which is plugged in via ethernet.  It's not line of sight, but it has been working fine for about a year up until now.

You're not giving us much information to go on. Which console/receiver are you using, for example? Have the readings also disappeared from the console display?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 04:23:40 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline ARAMP1

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2024, 06:24:06 PM »

You're not giving us much information to go on. Which console/receiver are you using, for example? Have the readings also disappeared from the console display?
I'm not using a console.  Just the Vantage Pro2 and Weatherlink Live tower.  I'm just using the weatherlink web portal and app for current weather at my house. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 06:44:06 PM by ARAMP1 »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2024, 06:44:02 PM »
you must have a receiver of some description. is it an envoy? and then with what sort of logger?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline ARAMP1

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2024, 06:50:34 PM »
you must have a receiver of some description. is it an envoy? and then with what sort of logger?
Apologies, I was modifying my response to be more clear.  I'm using the weatherlink live tower as a receiver.  I'm not logging data.  Just want live on-site weather.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 06:53:02 PM by ARAMP1 »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2024, 06:56:49 PM »
Hi ARAMP1,
Sounds like you have VP2 and Weatherlink Live 6100.  The WLL would receive from your outside ISS and then send to your Weatherlink.com account, which is not receiving the ISS data Bulletin: Oakleigh Manor Weather Station (weatherlink.com)
That WL.com site shows your current barometer and that comes from the WLL device itself not the ISS so the communication from WLL to WL.com appears to be working.  Possibly you need to reset your WLL device following the https://support.davisinstruments.com/article/tvj3w4t06s-weather-link-live-6100-manual

Enjoy,
Paul
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 07:00:46 PM by PaulMy »

Offline ARAMP1

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2024, 07:00:20 PM »
Hi ARAMP1,
Sounds like you have VP2 and Weatherlink Live 6100.  The WLL would receive from your outside ISS and then send to your Weatherlink.com account, which is not receiving the ISS data Bulletin: Oakleigh Manor Weather Station (weatherlink.com)
That WL.com site shows your barometer and that comes from the WLL so the communication from WLL to WL.com appears to be working.  Possibly you need to reset your WLL device following the https://support.davisinstruments.com/article/tvj3w4t06s-weather-link-live-6100-manual

Enjoy,
Paul
Awesome!  Thank you!  I was looking for that manual with zero success.  I'll give it a shot. 

Edit:  That did it!  I'm back in business!  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 07:11:01 PM by ARAMP1 »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2024, 07:29:19 PM »
All looks good on your WL.com site now \:D/

Enjoy,
Paul