Author Topic: Defective Midland WR-120 Weather Radio?  (Read 11495 times)

Offline Thunderbolt

Defective Midland WR-120 Weather Radio?
« on: April 30, 2011, 03:34:15 AM »
I recently purchased a new Midland WR-120 Weather Radio, to replace my 11 year-old Uniden WX-100. The radio works just fine, and activated for three Flash Flood Warnings in a neighboring county. The warning was issued for at least several hours or more. I have noticed that after six hours, the warning is no longer being displayed, but red warning light is remaining illuminated. Is this normal for this radio or should the red light turn off after six hours?

I seem to recall a similar problem like this with the WR-100 a few years ago. How do you clear out the memory and reset this radio, to no longer display the red warning light, short of unplugging the radio and removing the batteries? With my old Uniden WX-100 you could turn the radio off, wait several seconds and turn it back on to clear out any current watches or warnings. I decided to buy this unit since it is easy to mount on the wall, and view from across to the room thanks to its larger display.

http://www.midlandradio.com/New-Arrivals2.K16/WR-120

Yours truly,

Ron

Offline Thunderbolt

Re: Defective Midland WR-120 Weather Radio?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »
I took the radio that I purchased back to the store and traded it for another one. Hopefully, this will clear up the problem. If not, this one is going back to Midland.

Ron

Offline dandrzejewski

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 11:36:54 PM »
What store did you purchase it from, out of curiosity?  I haven't been able to find any decent weather radios at brick and mortar places.

Offline Thunderbolt

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 06:10:48 PM »
I bought it at the local Walgreens Store. I saw them laying there, and decided to purchase one and bring it home. They were very nice about letting me exchange the one I bought for a new one. So far the one I have now is working perfectly. I hear the local Walmart stores have the WR-120 receivers as well.

Yours truly,

Ron
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:34:37 PM by Thunderbolt »

Offline ThePontificator

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 09:29:19 PM »
I just bought a WR-120EZ at the local hardware store.

For whatever reason, the NOAA digital lettering and the volume bars flash on and off in time with the little flashing dots on the clock. It started after clicked the "on/off" switch on the side.

It's going back for an exchange. If the next one screws up I'm taking it back for a refund and buying a Reecom radio.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:09:26 AM by ThePontificator »

anything