Author Topic: Hikvision IP Camera  (Read 297253 times)

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
Re: Hikvision IP Camera
« Reply #1350 on: September 16, 2016, 12:41:22 PM »
Glad to hear it's working for you. 
Tony upgrade to 2.7.1012 requires a purchase however from 2.4 we can discount.  Please contact me at info@sebectec.com. 
-Mike

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #1351 on: September 16, 2016, 12:48:57 PM »
Thanks Mike. I will over the weekend.
Tony

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #1352 on: September 28, 2016, 10:26:32 PM »
Update. After I wrapped the Hikie up like an ER patient I haven't had any problems with water. Still going strong. It even made it through tennis - baseball size hail 2 months ago. My Vue's anemometer broke though but that was an easy fix.  :grin:

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1353 on: September 29, 2016, 12:19:50 AM »
Anyone find a good Android app to view the Hikie's?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:34:16 AM by cospringswx »

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Supercell

• Dublin Weather
« Reply #1356 on: September 30, 2016, 05:00:54 AM »
The app is working fine for me with my camera, one thing I would say, don't use the zoom in the app - its actually sending commands to the camera to zoom in not just zooming in on the image, if that makes sense, only noticed later when i check my website and the image was all zoomed in on that afterwards even though I had zoomed out in the app afterwards.
That said it was easy to set up and the remote view is dead easy to configure - enter serial number and done.

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1357 on: October 12, 2016, 12:46:24 AM »
Got a POE switch for my cams that are connected to the router in garage via cat5e that's bridged to main router in basement. Lot less wires than all of the POE injectors.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline capeweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.capeweather.com
« Reply #1358 on: October 29, 2016, 05:29:40 PM »
Buyer beware. Netview on Amazon has been my source for Hikvision products along with several of you. Recently, Ryan, who I've dealt with in the past, has been sick and there is a new person handling orders and returns. I had a replacement camera shipped to me 6 weeks ago from Ryan. This new guy (Andrew) decides to tell me that it's not under warranty and he wants to repair it. A warranty that is 2 years full replacement DOES NOT expire in 6 weeks. My business will be going elsewhere after this mess is over. Just a heads up.

Chris
Cape Coral, Florida

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1359 on: October 30, 2016, 10:57:16 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I recently ordered a Hikie dome for security from Amazon but can't remember who it was through.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cheffy

• Mickleham Weather
« Reply #1360 on: November 20, 2016, 06:21:13 PM »
Hi,

Firstly am a novice when it comes to Webcams and I apologise if some of these questions sound silly, however I have been looking to upgrade to a Hikvision for a number of months now and I have a couple of couple of questions around system requirements for these cameras.

I currently have a Panasonic BL-C140 which has been going strong for about 4/5 years now, however the lens is yellowing due to UV exposure and the image clarity is not what it used to be.  It runs fine on my current setup, however I am wondering how much extra pressure it would put on my dedicated weather PC if I upgrade to the 4MB Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I4?

My weather PC is a EeeBox EB1012 which is close to 4/5 years old now – it runs 24/7 and I have had no major issues with it.

The Specs are:
Intel Atom 1.66 GHz CPU
2GB Ram
Storage: 11 GB free on partition 1 and 137GB free on partition 2
Windows 7 64 bit

I pretty much run only Weather Display (with 10 minute uploads to my weather website) and my current webcam.

If I bought a Hikvision would my system be able to handle it?  I would be planning to upload a static image (via Weather display) every 10 mins and a daily time-lapse video (which I would not keep and would be recorded over each day).  What would be the minimum storage requirements to do this?

Lastly, my other concern is my ISP.  What kind of bandwidth/data would a camera like this use if it was connected to Weather Display 24/7.  I am currently on a 100gb monthly plan, which on average I use around 60/70gb per month – would using this camera put me over the limit?

Sorry for all these questions, I just want to make sure I understand everything before I finally commit.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1361 on: November 21, 2016, 10:17:56 PM »
Why don't you run Webcam 7? That will be the easiest way and a majority of us use it. Your PC will be able to handle it. About the bandwidth I have no clue.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cheffy

• Mickleham Weather
« Reply #1362 on: November 22, 2016, 12:11:56 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it.  What are the advantages of using Webcam 7 over my current setup - which is weather display to capture the image and create the daily timelapse?

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #1363 on: November 22, 2016, 05:40:58 AM »
Before you buy WC7 make sure you test it thoroughly.  I could not keep it running for more than a few days at best.  Company did eventually refund my purchase price which was great.  It is unfortunate because I really did like what I saw with WC7, just couldn't keep it running.

CW3699

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1364 on: November 22, 2016, 10:48:22 AM »
Use the free version of WC7.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #1365 on: November 22, 2016, 11:17:48 AM »
Before you buy WC7 make sure you test it thoroughly.  I could not keep it running for more than a few days at best.  It is unfortunate because I really did like what I saw with WC7, just couldn't keep it running.

Don't know about the free version, I had to purchase to be able to run my four webcams.  I am in the same boat as Otis,  I had to install Startwatch in order to keep it running.  After about a year I got fed up with it and purchased Netcam Studio.  NS has been running for about five months and has never shut down.

Just my experience.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1366 on: November 22, 2016, 07:12:52 PM »
The free version you can run 1 maybe 2 cams but more than that you have to purchase.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #1367 on: November 22, 2016, 07:29:18 PM »
zackdog, good for you.

I have 6 Hikvision cameras and I did try Netcam Studio and could not get it to recognize any of my cameras.  Couple other members on the board spent a lot of time trying to help me but no joy.

Now I use the cameras strictly for security purposed, versus weather web cams, and I'm using BlueIris, whihc has been running well for months.

CW3699

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #1368 on: November 23, 2016, 09:32:29 AM »
FYI I downloaded the newer build of WC7 and it didn't work at all on Win7. Uninstalled and put older version back on.
Version that works for me is.

webcam 7 PRO
v1.4.0.0 Build 41240
Randy

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Updating the HikVision software
« Reply #1369 on: March 29, 2017, 10:18:29 PM »
I have a couple of the HikVision cameras installed, but haven't viewed them in a week or two.  I have had both ZoneAlarm run it's security scan for viruses and also update Windows (one running 7 and one running 10).

Both those computers had previously been able to see the cameras without problem.  I haven't changed the IP (fixed) addresses.

On both the computers, when I log into the web page generated by the camera I get the message to update the webcomponents software, which I do and no matter if using Firefox (which worked before) or Chrome, I cannot view the camera.

I vaguely remember having this problem once before but updating the Webcomponents.exe did the trick.

I'm not sure if there is some background security thing that ZoneAlarm is running that keeps this from updating or part of windows or even a new setting in Firefox that has knocked me out of observing.

Anyone have a hint?
Thanks Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #1370 on: March 30, 2017, 03:13:02 AM »
I'm running 7 Hikvisions.  Some time ago (months) all of a sudden I was not able to log into the web page, had the same message about updating Webcomponents.exe (using Firefox).  Tried to update but never worked.  I gave up and now just use IE to access the individual pages for each camera, IE has been working fine.

I too run Zone Alarm, I think it is a FF issue.  Just my thoughts.

CW3699

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #1371 on: March 30, 2017, 07:16:49 AM »
This is Firefox's message regarding the problem viewing my Synology HikVision recordings:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
and this is the FAQ.

IE is now the only option to see the HikVision's stream.  The QuickTime viewer also works in IE, but I didn't have any luck with it in Chrome and FF, probably because I haven't updated QuickTime on this computer in years.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:18:27 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com