Author Topic: Web Download not working  (Read 862 times)

Offline swim

Web Download not working
« on: August 08, 2019, 02:39:06 PM »
Setup Station/Logger
- Vantage Pro Plus Wireless
- Weatherlink Live
- Weatherlink.com Pro account

Setup PC:
- Windows 10
- WeatherLink Software 6.0.5

Problem:
I was never able to download the data to my Weatherlink Software. Everytime I press File-->Download I am getting the message "No new data to download". I believe all my setting are correct. In the "communications port" setting I have marked "Web Download" and have entered the DID according to weatherlink.com and my password I use to login to weahterlink.com.

Just for testing reasons I have changed the DID or password. If I do so I am getting a different message "Invalid Account Information - Please check......"

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline swim

Re: Web Download not working
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 03:29:04 PM »
thanks!

actually the answer (that unfortunately the Web Download feature is not working with WLL) is described on this page:

https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/accessing-data-from-wll

I am just wondering on how I should archive all my data if the download to the WeatherLink software is not possible ? Creating a .csv file on weahterlink.com every month can not really be the solution...

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 04:17:05 PM »
actually the answer (that unfortunately the Web Download feature is not working with WLL) is described on this page:

Ah sorry, it was just a very quick answer to your original post, which I obviously didn't read carefully enough - I didn't spot this was a WLL question.

I think the basic answer is to wait a few months - there will be other solutions along later in the year I'm sure. Of course it does also depend on what you mean by archiving - I'm guessing you mean something more than simply backing up the archive data.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline swim

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 04:43:04 PM »
Actually at the moment I am only looking for a solution to backup the archive data. I undestand that on westherlink.com the data is stored only approx. 30 days as I have set the archive rate to 5 minutes.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 03:23:10 AM »
Actually at the moment I am only looking for a solution to backup the archive data. I undestand that on westherlink.com the data is stored only approx. 30 days as I have set the archive rate to 5 minutes.

No, provided you have a Pro plan which I believe you do, then your data is stored indefinitely. Your 30-day calculation would only apply if you did not have a WLL and had only the free station plan. Obviously neither of those two conditions applies here.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

anything