Author Topic: VantagePro2 uploading to Weatherlink  (Read 2123 times)

Offline rkrmpg

VantagePro2 uploading to Weatherlink
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:39:54 PM »
I have a VantagePro2 wireless that is connected VIA WeatherLinkIP to a router.

Until the last week or so there have been no difficulties in the data uploading the the Davis Weathelink web site.

In the last week or so the updates seem to stop at 2AM. The only way to get things going again is to not only unplug the power to the VantagePro2 but also remove a battery so it resets. Once this is done a few minutes later the uploads to Weatherlink are fine.

The data on display is fine before the reset and data being sent to Wunderground VIA WetherLink Software is never disrupted at the 2am hour.

Firmware version 1.78.
WeatherLinkIP version 1.05
WeatherLink software 5.8.1

I am not connecting thru Hughes

Any ideas on what the problem may be?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:38:28 PM by rkrmpg »

Offline Bergerie

Re: VantagePro2 uploading to Weatherlink
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 02:46:17 AM »
Are you sure you are running Firmware 1.05 for WeatherlinkIP data logger and not 1.0.4?

Offline Lars-K

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »
Last version firmware @Davis is 1.0.4. I'm running 1.0.4 and I have none of these problems. Maybe the problem is linked to your ruter and some other app/hardware that is creating the problem?

Offline marinerjoe

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 11:14:54 AM »
My VantagePro2 with the WeatherlinkIP stopped updating the data on the Weatherlink site at 23:23 on 24 November (last night).

Offline ryan hothersall

• Senior Contributor
    • My Stuff on the Web
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 04:44:15 PM »
After upgrading the weatherlink IP firmware to 1.04 I did have a couple of times where the weatherlink website did not update.

I had to pull the mains power and one battery from the console to get it going again. I have not had to do this for a while now.