Author Topic: My station will not report to weather underground. Double checked my settings  (Read 622 times)

Offline Mash1092

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ] I had this set up but had to change the batteries and now it shows offline.  Baffled at this point [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 04:36:14 PM by Mash1092 »

Offline BrianLehan

• Grace C Lehan Memorial Weather Station
Well we can't see your attachments at this point - July 5th - but WU has had several issues lately.
When did your station stop reporting?
Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
VWS 15x on Windows 7
Sarasota-Weather Template
Gr3 Radar

Offline Mash1092

At this point I think it may be on my side.  The wi-fi shows connected but when I go into my router settings it does not show up on the 2.4 network. NetGear May have done some kind of security update?

Offline BrianLehan

Sounds like you may have found an issue there, I'm not familiar with these units but assume there is a way to reboot the transmitter to get a new IP lease from your router. You may want to grab the nic and make an IP reservation so the unit always has a dedicated (same) IP address from your network router.
Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
VWS 15x on Windows 7
Gr3 Radar

Offline Mash1092

Any description on how to do that. Finally see it now on the router page but it connected to the 5G network instead of 2.4 and can not connect to the weather unit now

Very frustrating 

Offline BrianLehan

Maybe just pull the battery. I have no experience with these units. Someone here must.
Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
VWS 15x on Windows 7
Gr3 Radar

anything