Author Topic: Vantage Vue  (Read 913 times)

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
Vantage Vue
« on: June 05, 2022, 07:56:42 PM »
I noticed my debris screen is missing on my Vue and have not recorded any rain with last storm. My question is, does the debris screen work with the tipping spoon or is my tipping spoon faulty?

Ryan

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Vantage Vue
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 08:10:36 PM »
Debris screen does not work with the tipping spoon, just tries an prevents debris from affecting the spoon mechanism.

First thing to check is if the spoon mechanism is being blocked for some reason, could be a stick/twig or bird droppings etc. Unscrew the single screw, remove the spoon module, check and clean

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 09:42:51 PM »
Debris screen does not work with the tipping spoon, just tries an prevents debris from affecting the spoon mechanism.

First thing to check is if the spoon mechanism is being blocked for some reason, could be a stick/twig or bird droppings etc. Unscrew the single screw, remove the spoon module, check and clean

Thanks. I'm sure it's something simple. Appreciate the reply.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 10:27:49 PM »

Got on roof and unscrewed tipping spoon assembly and it was clogged. I do need to order a debris filter. I've had the Vue since 2012 and if all that I have to replace is a debris filter I'm extremely pleased with reliability over the years.

Ryan

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera