Author Topic: Bloomsky still in business?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline spdoty

• Radio2way Weather
Bloomsky still in business?
« on: August 27, 2021, 07:43:02 PM »
I purchased a Bloomsky camera back in April 2021 and it is still under warranty. The unit failed in late July (stopped charging battery). Multiple support cases have been opened and multiple emails going unanswered. Anyone know what is going on with them?
I have a workaround but would like some kind of response from them.
Thanks, Steve

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: Bloomsky still in business?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 08:20:05 PM »
try their site:   https://www.bloomsky.com   or call on Monday their time

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
    • The weather in Jefferson, GA
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 08:56:57 PM »
I recently grabbed a bracket from them, but it took forever to get here.  They are still owned by IDG Capital (https://en.idgcapital.com/portfolio).

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 12:35:24 AM »
Question re bloomsky
I have been trying to change the Wifi connection settings using the app
I can get right through all the steps...but when i click on save..it says station already registered
there is tick box to replace a station...tried that....but there is no station listed to replace
help lol

Offline Talla WS

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 10:50:11 AM »
I'm wondering the same thing, i.e. is BloomSky still alive and in business? They are just not responding to requests for help.

I have exactly the same problem as waiukuweather. I have a Sky 2 and I deleted the BloomSky App off my phone (Apple) and now wish that I hadn't! I was trying to solve a problem with my linked Storm which has stopped reading Wind and Gust.

I have tried everything I can think of to solve this including disconnecting completely all the set up and router connections but still get 'Device already exists' when trying to reset the station up. As waiukuweather says there is a tick box but no existing station showing to replace. I'm totally stumped! Any help will be gratefully received!

I'll try and call up BloomSky tomorrow and see if I get anywhere.

BloomSky Sky 2 + Storm

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 11:27:10 AM »
they have a website, but support is another issue.   https://www.bloomsky.com
I had trouble with them in the past trying to get help, about 2 years after their last version came out, they stopped answering me, and the camera failed so I used it for T-ball practice, it was worthlesss.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2021, 02:24:12 PM »
My Bloomsky is still working and uploading data and images every day BloomSky | Komoka, CA - Realtime weather and picture with daily timelapse!

I received the Sky in February 2016 and it was at our previous home for over 3 years, and been at our current home since June 2019 and just keeps on working.  I haven't touched it for over 2 years now and solar panel continuing to provide power, and images updated to Bloomsky.  The Bloomsky image updates to WU stopped quite a while ago, even before WU stopped all image uploads.  The Timelapse videos and Data View are not kept as long as original.  Videos now only for the last 11 days and Data for 6 days.  The haven't made any changes in the App so can't share any experiences on this.

However, I am pleasantly surprised by the Bloomsky performance.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline ChrisB

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 01:48:58 PM »
I contacted them about a year ago with an issue I had and they got back to me quite quickly.

Unfortunately I don’t think they’re going to be able to help me with my unit now not uploading images any longer. Seems to have died a slow death but was great while it lasted (~2 years).
http://www.kennfordweather.com - Devon, U.K

Davis Vantage Vue | Davis AirLink | WiFi Logger

anything