Weather Software > Meteohub/Meteobridge

Ecowitt issue

(1/1)

northweymouthweather1:
Not sure if anyone can assist me but I need some answers on preventing occasional outages via my Meteobridge /ecowitt GW1000
It happened last night around 933pm till 630am...I reset it by unplugging it and resetting it..What gives on this?? How to prevent these outages from happening...I got this meteobridge back in 2015. Anyway my goal here is to solve this matter once in for all and its frustrating me to the moon... It happens a couple of times a week...Do I need a new meteobridge or weather bridge , Do I need to a do a firmware upgrade or something?? Maybe someone in the forum can chime in for me ..
Greatly appreciated, first time posting in a long time.. FW2861  CWOP NORTH WEYMOUTH MASS
Thank you
Craig

Mattk:
A couple of questions? What type of Meteobridge? Cabled or WiFi? Can you eliminate your router and/or ISP?

Have you posted this on the Meteobridge forum?

Daali:
I had the same symptoms.  Mine ended up being some router issues (R7000 — Nighthawk AC1900). 

The main symptom: meteobridge (stand-alone Pi, wired to the router) does not see the GW1000 on specific IP, so data logging ends. 
2nd symptom is a mystery:  GW1000 experiences some issues, probably network, and reconnects to Nighthawk.
3rd symptom, but not the true root cause: dhcp/reservation of GW1000 IP is still showing up on the nighthawk's network table so Nighthawk DHCP feeds GW1000 a new ip.  This causes the meteobridge to fail.

I remedied this by scheduling a reboot of the nighthawk every day, which alleviated the symptoms...mostly.  I think the true RCA is that the nighthawk has a memory leak or some other firmware issue related to memory or fast reservation reconnects.

Switched out the IoT network from Nighthawk to TP-Link Deco wifi6e and have not had an issue since with 0 reboots.

Gyvate:

--- Quote from: northweymouthweather1 on May 15, 2023, 08:20:31 AM ---Not sure if anyone can assist me but I need some answers on preventing occasional outages via my Meteobridge /ecowitt GW1000
It happened last night around 933pm till 630am...I reset it by unplugging it and resetting it..What gives on this?? How to prevent these outages from happening...I got this meteobridge back in 2015. Anyway my goal here is to solve this matter once in for all and its frustrating me to the moon... It happens a couple of times a week...Do I need a new meteobridge or weather bridge , Do I need to a do a firmware upgrade or something?? Maybe someone in the forum can chime in for me ..
Greatly appreciated, first time posting in a long time.. FW2861  CWOP NORTH WEYMOUTH MASS
Thank you
Craig

--- End quote ---
- is your GW1000 firmware recent ? Should be 1.7.6
- there are quite some potential wireless network/router hickups possible and reported - independent of the MB
(most of the time it's the network infrastructure and neither the GW1000 nor the Meteobridge)

if you want to prevent outages, you have to look at all the elements involved:
- console
- Meteobridge
- network
(depending on where you live, a WLAN channel may be overloaded and switching to a less used channel can help - some more intelligent WiFi routers can do this automatically;
DHCP issues are possible if no IP/MAC binding has been setup; a Mesh network setup is not liked by the Ecowitt consoles - need to connect the console to the primary access point/router;
sometimes an extra/separate guest network helps )
- power grid
(power line instabilities can cause device outages, what helps is a UPS (professional or a Powerbank) covering all network elements between and including the console and the Meteobridge server)

EDIT: corrected GW1000 firmware version

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version