Weather Station Hardware > Weather Station Pictures

Tempest vs Vue

(1/3) > >>

txagwx:
I have both a Tempest, Vue, and a Cocorah.

The tempest overestimates rainfall.  Yesterday, Vue .04", Cocorah .05", Tempest .14".  The rainfall algorithm is still decent though.

The tempest also underestimates gusts vs the Davis, sometimes by a significant margin.

The radiation shield on the tempest is by the far the best I have seen, especially with the small size.  Wonder if they use a combination of solar and wind to correct?

Anyway, my two cents.

blizzardof78:
Totally agree especially regarding the wind gusts. Had a wind of 51 mph during a thunderstorm on my Davis Vantage Vue and the Tempest peaked at 32 mph. NOT ACCEPTABLE! Sold it the following day.

BaseLine:

--- Quote from: blizzardof78 on August 15, 2022, 11:28:10 PM ---Totally agree especially regarding the wind gusts. Had a wind of 51 mph during a thunderstorm on my Davis Vantage Vue and the Tempest peaked at 32 mph. NOT ACCEPTABLE! Sold it the following day.

--- End quote ---

How do you know your particular Davis unit is accurate? They both could be off.

Mattk:

--- Quote from: BaseLine on August 16, 2022, 04:04:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: blizzardof78 on August 15, 2022, 11:28:10 PM ---Totally agree especially regarding the wind gusts. Had a wind of 51 mph during a thunderstorm on my Davis Vantage Vue and the Tempest peaked at 32 mph. NOT ACCEPTABLE! Sold it the following day.

--- End quote ---

How do you know your particular Davis unit is accurate? They both could be off.

--- End quote ---

The difference between 51 mph and 32 mph is fairly obvious. Would not be difficult in determining which one was rubbish

txagwx:
I just added a 20% correction factor to the gust, and it works.

The other problem I am having with the Tempest is the battery is already going low on me, 2.5 volts, was 2.8 volts earlier this summer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version