Weather Software > What Weather Software should I use/buy?

Software to Support Second Anemometer

(1/3) > >>

stefanbagnato:
I am trying to see if there is any software that can support running two anemometers at once.  Use case: my anemometer is located with my station about 3m off the ground. However, due to the topography, the wind speeds are hardly an accurate representation. I was thinking about adding another anemometer located 10m up.

waiukuweather:
if you have  a Davis station and a Davis WLL
then a second anenometer reading can be display as a custom tag in the weather display software

stefanbagnato:

--- Quote from: waiukuweather on June 01, 2022, 04:20:25 PM ---if you have  a Davis station and a Davis WLL
then a second anenometer reading can be display as a custom tag in the weather display software

--- End quote ---

Hm okay.  I have a Davis VP2, but I don't have WLL.  I have an Envoy and have been using Cumulus for six years now.  However, I am seriously considering the second anemometer and, unfortunately, CMX does not support that.  For WD, is WLL required?

Mattk:
If your current VP2 wind speed is not an accurate representation at 3m then is there an issue with simply mounting the existing one higher? The anemometer should have a 40 foot cable.

waiukuweather:

--- Quote --- For WD, is WLL required?
--- End quote ---
to get a second windspeed reading ,yes,sorry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version